13

michael ran his towel quickly through his hair, and frowned a little when he saw luke sitting on the couch, his hoodie pulled up, just staring at nothing.

they were in the dressing room after one of the shows, and they were just finishing up their showers.

"hey, tell me where your head is at." michael said, sitting beside luke.

"well, most of the time it's between your legs, but right now it's just hurting." luke whispered, not looking at michael.

"luke, listen, we can stop if that's what you want. please don't ever feel pressured to do anything. recently i feel like i haven't been such a good best friend, and i think our whole friends with benefits thing is getting in the way." michael said, wrapping his arm around luke's shoulders.

"no. i don't wanna stop." luke whispered, and michael looked down at him, looking at the dark circles under his eyes, and the little sores by the corners of his eyes from crying so much.

"go on a date with me." luke whispered, looking back at michael.

"okay."

"okay?" luke asked, not sure if he heard michael right.

"yeah. let's do something." he said, and luke smiled a bit.

"tonight?" luke said quietly, and michael nodded.

luke smiled, and stood up grabbing his backpack.

"i- um- i already showered but i look gross. i'll be ready in five minutes i swear." luke said, and ran to one of the bathrooms.

michael laughed a little bit, and put his shoes on, waiting patiently for luke.

the younger boy shut himself in the same bathroom as ashton, frantically trying to get ready.

"luke, i love you, but you are so impatient i swear-"

"i'm going on a date with michael tonight." luke said, slipping out of his sweatpants and jumping into a pair of jeans that hugged his legs so tight.

"oh my g- why didn't you just say so?" ashton said, and slipped his own shirt on before walking over to luke and helping him fix his hair.

luke slipped on a black button up and left the top buttons undone, a necklace falling under his shirt.

"luke, you look beautiful, now go. don't waste any time. this is what you've been waiting for, right?" ashton asked, and luke smiled, nodding.

"i'm so happy, but for some reason i'm really nervous." luke said quietly.

"just go!"

luke turned around, and walked out of the bathroom back to where michael stood waiting on him.

"you look great. now let's go." michael smiled, walking out in front of luke to one of the cars.

they both got in the backseat, and luke couldn't stop smiling like an idiot as michael gave the driver an address.

he didn't care where they were going.

he just wanted to be beside michael.