19

"good morning, boozy."

michael cracked a smile when he heard luke's raspy voice beside him.

"my head hurts." michael whispered.

"i know. here."

michael opened up his eyes and sat up, seeing luke sitting on the bed beside him with tylenol and water.

"you're an absolute angel." michael whispered, kissing luke's head as he took the pills from his hand.

"i know. i'm great." luke said, and made michael lay back down, on his stomach this time.

he sat down on michael's butt, and michael sighed when he felt the younger boy start massaging his sore back.

"luke, i don't deserve this." michael mumbled, his head resting on his arm.

"it's okay. trust me, when you're not hungover you're gonna spoil me even more, right?" luke asked, and michael smiled.

"of course i am."

luke leaned down, and pressed a kiss to michael's shoulder blade.

"i'll be right back, okay?" luke said, and stood up.

"alright, baby."

when luke got up and left, michael pulled out his phone to fight his temporary boredom.

he logged onto twitter and his eyes widened as a pictures and videos of him and luke kissing at the party filled his timeline.

he stood up, and sighed as he ran a hand through his hair, scrolling through the endless stream of tweets.

"i'm back." luke said happily, coming into the room with two plates of waffles; michael's favorite.

michael turned around to look at him, and luke could tell something was wrong. he sat the plates down, and furrowed his eyebrows.

"is everything okay?" he asked, and luke walked over to him.

"there are pictures of us everywhere from last night kissing and dancing and- luke, i'm not even out yet. well i guess i am now, but-"

"michael, i'm so sorry." luke whispered.

"i can't get mad at you. you were drunk too." michael sighed, and sat down on the bed.

"i wasn't..." luke whispered.

michael looked up at him and furrowed his eyebrows. "than why did you do that? you knew i wasn't out. i was drunk, luke!"

luke shook his head, and nervously played with his fingers. "i-im sorry. you asked me to dance and you kissed me, and now i realize i should've stopped you, but-"

"but what, luke?" michael asked quietly.

he hated how disappointed michael sounded. he'd rather the older boy scream at him than look at him with those disappointed eyes.

"i wasn't thinking. i was just so focused on being with you, finally being with you. in the moment nothing around us mattered-"

"but it did matter, luke."

"well, i know that now. i'm sorry." luke whispered, and looked down at the ground.

"this is terrible..." michael whispered, running his hands over his face.

"i'm sorry. it's my fault."

"no. i was the drunk one-"

"you're not embarrassed are you?" luke whispered, that question bothering him ever since michael brought up the subject of them being public.

michael looked up, and saw tears in luke's blue eyes.

he stood up and walked over to luke, holding his waist and wiping his tears away.

"oh my gosh, luke, of course i'm not embarrassed. i'm the luckiest guy in the world to have you. how could i be embarrassed?"

"i was- i was just scared that you were mad at me b-because you didn't want people to know you were with me, and-"

"shhhh..." michael whispered, holding luke's head to his shoulder. "...i'm not mad at you, and i'm not upset that people know were together. i'm sorry for sounding accusatory towards you. i just didn't want to come out like this, you know? all over twitter in a drunk video. i wanted to be able to tell people how much my adorable boyfriend means to me." michael whispered, and luke sniffled, smiling a little.

"you can still do that if you want..." luke said, and michael kissed his temple.

michael pulled out his phone, and snapped a picture of himself holding luke, the younger boy's face tucked into his neck.

'my sweet boy. there's nobody else i would rather hold.'