Prologue

A cloaked figure stood at the doorstep, a large parcel in their arms. The house before them was rather large and the moonlight illuminated the white brick softly, it seemed to glow.

Suddenly, the oak door creaked open and a hand bade the mysterious person inside the slim entryway before enclosing them both in the manor.

"What is it Albus?" a man stood with a wand anxiously raised. His wife, a small brunette, trembled slightly as she took the same stance behind him.

"At ease, Henry," the figure raised his head and the fire in the fireplace glinted on his half moon spectacles. "You are not in any immediate danger."

The woman relaxed slightly, the long bearded man was familiar and she trusted him. "What is it?" she gestured to the small bundle in Albus' arms.

The old man sighed, something seemed to be weighing on his mind as his shoulders sagged. "Please don't think to ill of me when I show you."

The couple watched in apprehension as Albus drew back the cloth and with dread they realized that it wasn't an ordinary parcel.

A young girl lay in his arms, she couldn't have been more than 7 or 8. She frowned in her sleep, muttering incoherently.

The man named Henry laid a hand on his wife's arm. "I think we need an explanation professor."

Albus laid the girl on the fancy sofa in front of the fireplace. He seemed hesitant as he pocketed a piece of parchment that upon closer examination was addressed to himself. All the while he focused his piercing gaze upon the child. "Her name was Elizabeth Black. She's not of this time."