Chapter 1 -re edited-

Rylan's P.O.V

-dream-

Screams pierced the night as I fled for safety.
They were coming. I didn't know who they were or why I need to run. I just knew I had to. I could still hear my Mother's plea to set me free. I look at my watch. Five minutes. Five minutes to get as far away from here as possible. Five minutes until they start the search for me. I didn't know what they wanted from me but I knew it was no good. I could feel my heart racing as I hear the sound of a truck behind me, gunshots follow. All of them missing the mark, me, lucky. I jump into a ditch as the truck pass me. Then I feel a knife at my neck.

-dream end-

I wake up sweating. My eyes red and swollen. It was the 2end time this week that I had a nightmare and it was only Wednesday. I groan, getting up eventually. I could hear my roommate making breakfast.

"RYLAN!GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!" I hear Dave yell from the dorm kitchen. I roll my eyes. He was always taking care of me and my health. Claiming that I was like a child that needed a parent. I guess that's what I get for acting like a five year old in public.

°○○○••••○○○••••○○○••••○○○°

I sat down with Dave and a few other mates. "Hey what's up?" I ask ,sliding down into a seat. They sit in silence and look at eachother, solemnly ."What?" I look questioningly at them." We've been thin' about how you always have night terrors and we all decided to get you a therapist ." I stare at them,clearly in shock."What? Wait a therapist? No I'm fine I don't need a therapist." I nervously laugh.They all stare at me as if my words were foolish. Admittedly they probably were.

Who was I kidding, I suffered from PTSD and sever anxiety and with that came nightmares. But what would they do? Make me self conscious? Yeah, that seems about right. But then again I need help with my nightmares, they were getting out of hand, or as my friends call them night terrors. Since the night that my mother died I had them. I went to a doctor once. They said it was from my PTSD.

"Who is it then?"I ask, giving in with a fight. They all smile as I accept my fate. They then explain who and where I was gonna see the therapist. They show me a picture. My first thought was "Damn he is cute" and that "I was incredibly gay."

I feel some people approach from behind me.

"Hey my friend wants to go out with you.You up for it?" The older looking female asks as her friend, who she was referring to, hides behind her." How do I put this nicely? No. I'm not interested in your friend much like females in general." My voice monotoned.

The girl behind suddenly gets the decide idea to smack my face .As she swings her hand to my face I grab it and growl threateningly. I didn't take kindly to begin hit. She runs away from me and her friend glares at me,but,walks away.

"Dude, what was that?"Dave asks clearly worried. Thou he knew basically my whole life story he didn't know about the physical abuse from my 'father'. I stare at him, not wanting to talk to about it, sharply turn and start to walk away."Rylan!Where are you going?"I hear Dave as he runs after me.

I raise a hand to wave him off but he grabs it and turns me to face him.Then,he sees my eyes filled with pain.He stands back,shocked."Rylan?"He grabs my shoulders as I ignore him."Let me go." I mumble.His hands fall back to his side as he watches me .

°°○○○••••○○○••••○○○••••○○○°

I go home and sit on my bed. I felt like I was going to cry. I reach up to touch my face, feeling hot tears streaming down.
"Why?" I mutter.

I facepalm my bed and cry for a few minutes before calling Dave.He picks up.

"Rylan?What's wrong, you sorta walked out of school?"Dave sounded worried."I-I don't know what to do anymore,I feel so so bad."Tears fall down my face." There's this empty feeling in my chest. It's like some hallowed me out. I want to die." I hear him get his keys."I'm coming over right now,okay?" I pathetically utter yes as I ended the call.

°○○○••••○○○••••○○○••••○○○°

I hear Dave run up the stairs and bursting through the door. Running to hug me. Muttering comforting things to me. I cry my eyes out into his shoulder.

"Hush."he whispers. When he pulls away I see the worried look on his face. I sniffle. "What?"
"Why do you want die?" He asks, distressed. I shake my head." I don't know.I think I would have lost it if you hadn't come." I say as I hang my head, shamefully. Even though I did have cutting urges they were never this strong.

He hugs me tightly. "Don't you dare. Okay, don't you ever." I nodded my head. He sit me down on my bed.

"I'll make you some hot chocolate. I know it's not Starbucks but it's the next best thing right?" I nod my head slowly. Hot chocolate always made me feel like a child again. Like my mother was close to me and she hadn't died.

°○○○••••○○○••••○○○••••○○○°

I wake up to Dave prodding my side. "I called the school and told them that you weren't feeling the best and that you have a doctor's appointment. They said you dont have to come in today. I'll be here as well. Okay?" I nod my head as I bury it into my pillow, my head pounding slightly. Dave goes to make breakfast.
Then it hits me."The fucking therapist is today!" I yell as I jump up. Looking at my clock and realising I still have 3 hours, I groan. Lying down and fiddling with my phone.

Dave walks in and laughs."What?" I glare at him. He shakes his head."Your nervous, aren't you?" He asks his voice a bit quieter than usual. "Well nah." I say sarcastically.

He sighs and sits beside me."Your gonna be fine. Believe me. You won't have to go back if you don't like it." I stare at my lap and slowly nod my head.
'Why the fuck am I so anxious? It's just a dam therapist. ' I think to myself.

I walk into the kitchen and see Dave making pancakes."My favourite." I smile and sit in the seat. "I know." He smirks as I devour it all. "You like?" I nod my head enthusiastically.

°○○○••••○○○••••○○○••••○○○°

"What do you mean!? I'm secluded for the therapist now!" My voice raising at the secretary. She sighs but checks the list. "He's busy right now." She gruffly states, turning to go on her phone, ignoring me. I sit down and twiddle my fingers, nervously.

°○○○••••○○○••••○○○••••○○○°

"Rylan?"A voice asks. I stand up as soon as my name is called. I look up to see the therapist, he motions to follow him. We walk into his office.

He looks at me and my hearts starts to pound off against my chest. "So Rylan? Your friends called me and signed you up to me? Am I right?" I nod my head, keeping my eyes adverted. "I keep having nightmares. I don't mean like ghost or something I mean like I'm going to get murdered, my mother burning up in flames, my father beating me."

I say nervously, the last part quieter then the rest. It seemed as thought he caught it anyway. I had no clue what to do. Not only was my chest pounding, my head was too. I was starting to have a panic attack. I tried not to let it show, doing my best to calm down.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." I started mumbling under my breath. "What's was that, Rylan?" He asks. That was the last straw my anxiety decided and I blacked out.