3 : Mate

I woke up by the sun shining through my window. I looked over to where Amy's bed was. Her blanket was neatly folded. I listened carefully. No one was in the house.
So I made my way downstairs to have breakfast when I noticed that it was 12 pm already.

The alpha's arrival was planned at 12.

Why did no one wake me up? Amy would always make sure to wake me at 7am, because it was "not ladylike to sleep in". I am not close to what people call "lady"! But that left Amy unbothered.
So why was Amy so generous today?

Both Dad and Amy left the house and I am pretty sure that they went to the same meeting. There are two options: One both forgot me or two they don't want me to come along.
What a difficult case... of course it was the second option.
I wonder why.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth before I grabbed a beige tee and a pair of brown pants.
I am ready to spy on this meeting.

I ran to the crop fields.
And, oh what a great surprise! (notice the sarcasm)
I already saw a small group of villagers and foreign men. Must be the alpha and his guards.
I checked the direction the wind came from and made sure to stand somewhere no one would be able to smell me.
Suddenly I heard shouting.
Huh? What was going on there?

"You think this is funny?" I heard a growl.
Damn whoever that was... he was mad.
"Your village is the one and only one that is not able to produce the rightious amount of crops! And that's all you have to say? Lack of water, hm? YOU THINK I AM STUPID?"
"Alpha, I am sorry! I-" that was my Dad!
I was now so close that I was able to see who was yelling at my Dad.

Damn.
A young good looking man was now in my sight. Black raven hair and emerald green eyes and a very well built body.
I felt the urge to run to him and cuddle- wait! What the heck?!
"He is -" Fiona my wolf gasped

But then I saw my Dad who was kneeling in front of him and his men.
Why? That's so humiliating!
I got closer to the scene. The farmers were ducking away. The next moment he pushed Dad with his foot down.

WHHAAAAAAAT? DID I JUST WITNESS?!

OH, THAT ASSHOLE!
Dad groaned on the ground. Amy rushed towards him to help him up.

"I'LL KILL HIM!" Fiona hissed.

That's when I shifted.

Fuck that asshole, I'll rip his handsome head of him!
I ran towards that insanely goodlooking and goodsmelling asshole, who did not notice me, when someone pushed me forcefully aside.
"Chris, what-?" he snarled.
I showed my teeth when I got ready for a second attack.
"Lauren, stop it!" Amy yelled.
My head turned. Dad and her seemed shocked.

What? That's not their first time seeing my wolf form.

I tilted my head and then turned to my target. His eyes were wavering.
"Mate" was all he growled.