16 : Scum

"Ohh, no, no, no! I don't dare" she exclaimed.

"Why not? It's more efficiently." I grinned.

"Please let this lowly servant do her job." she bowed to me.

"I will. But I will also help you." I said grabbing a pair of gloves "Oh and please call me Lauren."

"Uuh, I'm Emily." the girl said.

Together we scrubbed the toilet bowls and cleaned the floor.
Emily warmed up and I got to know her better. I think she's truly amazing.
She's a mechanic working here to earn money because she can't find a job as a mechanic.

"You've been working here for some years already. Are these people treating you nicely?" I asked.

"I'm just a cleaning staff easily to be replaced. You think they treat me nicely?" she sighed.

"But you're doing your job so diligently. When I came in earlier you behaved like I'd slap you right around your face." I said.

Emily scrunched her face up.

"Don't tell me they do!" I yelled angrily.
Who'd abuse a cleaning staff?

"You have no idea. Usually when I'd clean and a lady would walk in while I'm scrubbing the toilet bowls, I'd rather not tell you what they do, when they see a human here." Emily murmured.

"B#tches." I mumbled.
"They truly are." she retorted.

When we were almost done cleaning this bathroom, the door was suddenly opened.
I was wiping the windows clean while Emily wiped the mirrows over the basins.

"Miss McGomery..." Emily gasped. The undertone of her voice told me that this woman was someone she was not fond of.

"Why are you standing there so stupidly? What is my mate paying you for, mhm? The filthy, unworthy scum of your species deserves to become extinct!"
she yelled.

I sighed inwardly. I met that person only once but that voice I couldn't forget. I don't want to get involved with her but ...

"Luna, the only scum in this room is you!"