13 : Ripped corpse

Author's note:

Longer chapter as promised! :)

______________________________________________

However me shouting didn't stop the fight.

Logan was grabbing Dad's neck forcefully in an attempt of choking him.

I couldn't restrain myself and shifted.

"LET GO YOU STUPID DOG!" I yelled fiercely.
Then I dug my teeth into his arm that was choking my Dad.

My eyes were burning with rage. Logan's gaze shifted to mine. His anger towards Dad was now solely on me.

His green eyes showed a killing intent. I stared back, then his eyes shifted to me hanging on his arm. Blood was drifting out of my mouth.
I was not going to let go.

His emerald green eyes were peercing through my soul - he was surely mad. He gritted his jaw.

With one swift motion he threw me on the ground and stormed away.

I whined.

What the hell?!

I shifted back. Speechless I looked at the spot Logan was standing a few seconds ago.

My Dad had calmed down when Amy had brought me some of my clothes that were still untouched in my room.

"Dad, are you hurting?" I started.
We haven't spoken about what had happened earlier. The silence between us was killing me.

Dad who was now looking at the teacup he was drinking from sighed.

"I should be asking you this question, darling! You've been there for just a few days, he probably did worse to you..." he shook his head defeatedly.
"I am not worth being your Dad, I can't even protect my only daughter."

"Dad, don't say that!" I exclaimed.
Why was he blaming himself? What did that man ever do wrong?

"You're the best Dad! And I love you!" I hugged him.

I heard Amy silently shredding tears of happiness.

"You've grown up to be a strong beautiful girl, darling." he whispered.

I sighed. Dad hugging me brought back old memories of me waking up in the middle of the night from a terrible nightmare.

I closed my eyes.

"Dad, I came here to ask you something I need to know." I suddenly said.

"What do you want to know?" he asked concern lingering in his words.

"It's about mom. I want to know what happened back then." I said sadly looking into Dad's warm eyes.

Dad was fighting with himself, he obviously didn't like to tell me.

"She needs to know. We can't keep it from her forever." Amy said quietly.

I looked at my maid grasping her hand I plead "Please Amy, you promised me you'd tell me when I am older. Can you tell me?"

She wiped the tears with the back of her hand and began to tell me what had happened 19 years ago.

                                                                                          ***
I recalled what Amy and Dad told me about Mom's death when I was on my way back home.
It was already dark outside and I strolled back to Logan's packhouse.

So my Mom was killed shortly after she gave birth to me. It was not only that my Dad was never able to find the murderer but also that Mom was abducted for half a year before she met Dad.

It was only Amy and her back then. My maternal grandparents had already given up on their daughter when she had escaped "hell" as she used to sign.

Mom went mute after being abducted. Noone was able to make her speak. Not even Amy even though they were obviously closer than sisters.

Amy was heartbroken seeing her friend keeping what happened all to herself.

But my Mom met Dad soon and they got me.
Having me was when Amy saw Mom being happy for the first time after being kidnapped.

Surely that happiness was not for long...

She got killed in the forest I was now crossing.

Her corpse was completely destroyed and ripped when she was found.

Someone was extremely angry while killing her...

Dad told me that it was most likely a werewolf who killed her.
The state of her corpse led to that assumption.

I kind of understand why no one was able to tell me how Mom died.

I never met her in real life and actually I have no real emotional connection since there was only Amy and Dad my entire life but even I have to hold back tears.
I felt sorry for Mom. I don't know but I kind of owe my family Mom's death circumstances.

I wonder whether her death had something to do with my birth?

Maybe-

Wooosh!

I stood still. What was that?

Suddenly I saw a familiar figure standing in front of me.

"Oh my goddess, Chris! You scared me!" I shouted.

"What are you doin' here, Lauren!" he ignored my rant. The bulky beta seemed worried.

"Going back to the packhouse of course." I stated the obvious.

"You shouldn't walk around at this hour. It's really dangerous out here." he said.

"Oh come on! What am I? A twelve year old? I am an adult. I can most certainly look after myself." I scoffed.

Chris sighed "You are a luna, that makes you a number one target for our enemys." he furrowed his eyebrows "Beside that many rogues are strolling around at this hour."

I just shrugged my shoulders. I never encountered rogues. So I don't believe those scary stories parents tell their kids as a deterrent.
Evil people are everywhere. I am sure there are also nice and friendly rogues. Who knows?

"What is that?" Chris was looking at the small book I was holding.

"Oh, that? That's my Mom's diary." I smiled sweetly at him.
Chris nodded then coughed "Uhm, you two fought?"

"Huh?"

"The Alpha was... uuuh... a little moody when he mindlinked me this afternoon." Chris scratched his neck awkwardly.

"Oh... he and my Dad they, well you know they don't get along very well." I mumbered embarrassed.

"Alpha is not the son-in-law of his dreams?"

"Definitely not." I chuckled darkly.

"You know, I was not expecting you to come back today." Chris said.

"I'd rather go back willingly than get dragged out of my house by a certain someone." I murmured.

"Mhm. Logan is still not back from his run."
Chris sighed when we entered the packhouse.

I just shrugged. Even better than I don't have to deal with him now.

I bid Chris goodbye and went on Logan's floor.

I looked at the brownish diary in my hand. I did not have the nerves to read it now. It was getting late and I had too much on my mind already.
I hid it in the bookshelve then flopped on the king sized bed and fell asleep.

What was Logan doing now?