21 : Gavin

The blonde male I had met a few months earlier was right behind me.

Younger brother? Does that mean...?

"You have an older brother?" I asked Logan shocked. They didn't resemble each other one a bit. Even though I am an only child I know that siblings usually look a little bit alike.

"You did not tell her of me? I am beyond hurt, brother." the man teased. Logan's good mood vanished with the appearance of the strange man.

"My beauty, please excuse my younger brother's lack of manners. Since he is not very pleased with me at the moment I may ask you to allow me to introduce myself?" the man said looking into my eyes. Where as Logan's eyes were green his were brown. Where as Logan had the aura of a strong alpha he had the aura of a cunning omega. While as Logan's spiritual animal was the lion he was the snake. I don't know what I should think of that different pair of brothers.

"My name is Gavin, my-"

"Stop your act, the 'beauty' is mine." Logan snarled. Well, if I was wavering before. Now I was sure that these two had no loving sibling bond. "Please control your temperament, don't embarrass our family in front of her" Gavin sighed dramatically. 

I am having negative feelings towards Gavin. I am not sure whether that was because I felt these feelings from Logan towards his brother or whether that was because my first impression of Gavin was bad.

"Where were you the last month when we fought the rogues of?" Logan inquired his older brother while crossing his arms over his chest. The bagel on his plate was long forgotten.

"Oh brother, don't you know that I had to take care of Dad?" the young man sighed again. Logan had never talked about family with me before. I guess we need to have good talk about that. Not only did I learn today, that he had an older brother but also a living father, who needs to be taken care of.

"He feels all alone and you should know by now that I am the only one he wants around." Gavin mocked Logan. The frosty atmosphere was making it hard for me to be not concerned about my mate. However he seemed like he had handled this kind of situation quite often. 

"So? The old man can wait." Logan stated coldly. I bit my lip. I never met Logan's dad, he had called 'old man' but I wanted to disagree to Logan's words. However this was not my battle to fight. This was a family matter between the two brothers. 

"I'll take my leave, please help yourselves." I said politely before I wanted to run off. 

"Stay here. It's nothing you shouldn't hear." Logan insisted. Eh? Do I want to stay though?

"Don't be so cold towards Dad! The fact that he favors me is just playing a minor part in this matter, don't forget that he doesn't  want to bother you, the always busy alpha. Younger brother, there is no need to feel like the jealous unfavored son." Gavin said in an instructive manner.

"Well, his favor couldn't get you the alpha position, why would I be jealous?" Logan grinned mischievously. 

"If that's the case I am more than relieved." Gavin fake smiled at his younger brother. 

"But you shouldn't forget that Dad is getting older now, he needs someone to take care of him..."

"He only wants you so why even bothering to search for someone? You take care of that man. I won't have any headaches over him and you can circumvent the battle fights. Isn't that a fair deal, older brother?" Logan challenged. 

"I was thinking of someone Dad has taken an interest in..." Gavin was still all smiley smiley.

"Whom?" Logan spat.

"Dad was not able to attend your ceremony. So he's very curious to whom you've taken as a mate. Why don't you let your mate get to know dad, hmh? I am sure she'd love to do so." 

What a turn of events. How did I get tangled in their fight?

"No." Logan disagreed immediately.

Gavin now looked at me pleadingly "Can you make the dying old man happy by helping him out a little? I am sure it's very boring here in this huge packhouse with no real position-"

"You're the only one in this house that has no real position." snarled Logan.

I looked with my big eyes to Logan, who was fuming. Why was he so indifferent towards his brother's pleas? Sure, Gavin's remark was kinda rude. But he was obviously stressed and desperate. "Why doesn't he have servants?" I asked.

"Oh, he's really picky. He just doesn't trust anyone." Gavin looked hopefully at me. "You know it's a great honor that he wants to see you as he never met you before." 

Well...

"I already said NO. Are you taking this alpha's word for a joke?" Logan threatened. "Younger brother, your mate... can't she speak for her own? Why are you taking her freedom and right of speech?" Gavin entreated. 

Logan wanted to retort something when I answered "It's no big deal, I want to help out your Dad."