Chapter-8

The Indominus growled softly looking at the glass windows sensing life on the other side.

"Can she see us?" asked Masrani. "Or is the glass only see through from this side?"

"Henry told me that he thinks it can sense thermal radiation, like snakes." replied Claire.

"Wasn't there two of them?" asked Masrani.

"There was a sibling encase this one didn't survive infancy." said Claire.

"Then where's the sibling?" asked Masrani.

"She ate it. They were both only 4 years old." said Claire.

The Indominus walked off into the small forest in her pen. Masrani looked at the broken glass again and then back to Claire.

"So the paddock is quite safe then?" he asked.

"We have the best structural engineers in the world." replied Claire.

"Yea, so did the people who owned the Titanic." said Masrani sarcastically.

Claire looked at him, she wanted to reply but before she could Masrani spoke again.

"There's an American Navy man here. Part of a research program one of my companies is running. Owen Grady." he said.

"I know who he is." said Claire.

"His animals often try to escape." said Masrani. "Their smart. He has to be smarter."

"He only thinks he's smarter." whispered Claire to herself.

She and Owen had once gone out together but their little date didn't go so well. Since then Claire has been quite annoyed with him.

"I want you to bring him in." said Masrani. "Let him inspect the paddock. Maybe he sees something we can't."

He was about to leave when he remembered something else.

"Oh, I also want you to see if one of my VIP guests can take a look too."

"Who?" asked Claire.

"Dr. Alan Grant." replied Masrani. "He's a well known paleontologist, an expert on dinosaurs. Perhaps his knowledge can enlighten us a bit as well. He should be over by the Raptor paddock along with Owen."

With that, Masrani walked out the door back to his helicopter.

Far out somewhere else on the island a small pig was trying to run away from something, it squealed frantically as it ran for its life. The animal following it had three clawed toes, two small claws on the outer and middle toe, but on the inner toe was a large sharp curved claw. Following behind this large claw toed creature were four other animals that also had these large toe claws. The pig ran through the jungle and into an open area straight towards a wall. The five large claw toed creatures continued to chase the pig but halted when they heard a voice shout 'Hold'. These creatures were about the size of a man, they had three fingered clawed hands, and scaly skin. These animals were non-other than Velociraptors.

The first raptor was grey and had a blue stripe on her eye that led all the way down to her tail. The second one had a similar skin color to a green iguana; she had light green skin wither darker green stripes on her back. The third Raptor had a teal skin color with no stripes at all. The fourth raptor had brown skin with dark blue skin running down her back like the second raptor. The fifth raptor was completely grey and didn't have any stripes on her but did have a large scar on her snout. The five raptors growled and hissed at each other as they watched the pig escape through a small gate in the fence.

"Hey!" said the voice again.

The five raptors looked up to see a man in a blue shirt with a brown vest standing on a walkway above them. He also had a short beard and brown hair as well, the man held up his fist telling them to stay still.