Chapter-12

Things had gone from bad to worse in the control room. Error messages were popping up on everyone's computer screens.

"Oh this is just great!" shouted Lowery frustrated.

"What's wrong?" asked Sarah.

"For some reason half of the security cameras in this building are failing." Lowery replied.

"Camera's!?" snapped Ian. "You have a mutant creature loose in your park and your worried about a few cameras!?"

Before Lowery could reply Claire walked through the door. Everyone slowly turned their heads and looked at her.

"Everyone...... remain...... calm." she stuttered.

Claire sighed and walked over to Lowery, Ian, Ellie and the gang. She looked at the radar showing the Indominus's location.

"How fast is she moving?" she asked.

"Uhh about thirty miles per hour." replied Vivian.

"Yikes!" said Billy.

"What do we do sir?" asked Vivian looking at Masrani.

"Let Asset Containment capture it quietly." he said. "The very existence of this park is predicated on our ability...to handle incidents like this. It was an eventuality, okay?"

"You should put that in the brochure." said Lowery. "Eventually, one of these things will eat somebody."

"That animal is 4 miles from the closest attraction." said Claire. "ACU can handle this. No one else is gonna get-"

"Eaten?" interrupted Ellie.

Meanwhile at the raptor paddock, Muldoon was trying to bond a bit with Fern. She had been acting really aggressive towards him ever since the shooting incident. Hoskins was asking stuff about the raptors, hoping to find a way to convince the staffs into letting him use the dinosaurs for war.

"How fast can they run?" he asked Muldoon.

"50 to 60 miles per hour." replied Muldoon.

Muldoon was petting Fern through the chambers on the wall. These chambers held their mouths closed so the raptors couldn't bite the staff. Fern purred tensely as Muldoon tried to calm her. She suddenly hissed aggressively when Hoskins took a step closer to her. Hoskins and Muldoon jumped back. Hoskins started to laugh in excitement.

"You wanna take one home?" joked Barry.

He was petting Delta a few feet away. Hoskins walked over to him.

"Hey don't joke." said Hoskins. "I once rescued a tiger cub when me and my wife took a vacation to India. The thing was only a few months old, could barely walk. It would sleep on my bed, watch over me. One night a robber broke in and tried to stab me with a large knife, the tiger took a chunk out of the guys arm."

"What happened to the tiger?" asked Muldoon.

"Think we gave him to a zoo." replied Hoskins. "We had an unbreakable bond like you and...."

Hoskins pointed at Delta.

"What's his name?" he asked.

"Delta." replied Barry. "And she's a girl."

"Can I uhh..." said Hoskins.

"Pet her?" asked Barry.

"Yea." said Hoskins.

Barry moved back to let Hoskins pet Delta. He had only placed one finger on the animal when Delta hissed angrily at Hoskins. Barry put his hands back on Delta to calm her down. Just then, Muldoon felt his phone vibrating in his pocket, he took it out and saw he had a new text message. Once he read the message, he began to call to the other staff.