Chapter-15

INTO THE TREES!" shouted Zach as the group ran through the jungle.

The escaped Spinosaurus wasn't far behind them. But now things were about to get from bad to worse for the children. Zach, Gray, Tim, and Lex ran only several yards into the forest when something else stopped them.

"Aw crap!" gasped Gray.

There standing right in front of them was the Indominus Rex. It stared angrily, hissing at the kids. It was about to roar when a small tree behind the kids fell and caught her attention. Knocking it down was the Spinosaurus. Without thinking, the group began to run in different directions.

The two massive predators looked at each other and began to roar to intimidate each other. But neither one backed down, the fight was on. Zach had accidentally tripped and fell into a fallen tree that had a large crack in the center for him to fit in. He looked up and saw the Spinosaur's foot right above him about to step down on top of him. Zach screamed in horror and shut his eyes expecting to be crushed by the giant sailed backed predator's foot. Luckily, the Spinosaur's foot landed on the two sides of the fallen tree and missed Zach. He opened his eyes and saw that he was still alive.

The Spinosaurus landed the first attack and bit down on the I. Rex's neck, pushing the white beast to the ground. It then began to drag the Indominus on the ground. The Indominus managed to stand up again but still found her being dragged by the head by the Spinosaurus. The Indominus's tail smacked into a large tree, knocking it over and nearly crushing Timmy. But the 12 year old boy managed to doge the tree just in time.

The Indominus at last shook the Spinosaurus off her and lunged a bite at the sail back's head, only to miss by just a few inches. The Spinosaurus hissed at the Indominus and then rammed her head into the mutant's side, biting down on a chunk of skin. It tried to tear the chunk off but before it got the chance; the Indominus swiped her left hand right on the Spinosaur's face. The Spinosaur roared in pain as the Indominus bit down on her snout and threw her into a large tree. The Spinosaur began to feel dizzy, just as she was getting up the Indominus bit down on her head and threw her across the ground. The Spinosaur landed on her stomach and smacked her head against a large tree. Battered, exhausted, and dizzy, the Spinosaurus slowly shut her eyes.

The kids had finally re-grouped after splitting up in the battle and ran off as the Indominus stared at her defeated opponent and let out a victorious, bellowing roar.

Meanwhile, at a beach nearby the Velociraptor pen, warships started to arrive with hundreds of soldiers armed with guns, grenades, and other war weapons. The ships were also unloading hunting jeeps equipped with radios, and turrets. Muldoon and Barry were watching this from afar with binoculars.

"What do you make of it?" asked Muldoon to Barry.

"I don't know, I don't remember anyone calling the nav-"

Barry paused when he spotted someone familiar looking in the army crowd.

"Wait a second. I think I know who called them." he said.

"Who?" asked Muldoon.

"Look by the second ship closest to us." replied Barry.

Muldoon did so, and was a bit surprised at who he saw.

"Is that..... Hoskins!?" exclaimed Muldoon.

"I believe so." replied Barry. "Hey, didn't Hoskins say he wanted to do a field test with the Raptors?"

"Yes. Why?" replied Muldoon.

"You don't think that's why they're here, do you?" asked Barry.

"Son of a bitch." whispered Muldoon annoyed.

He then reached for a walkie-talkie in his pocket.

"Owen, we've got a situation here." he said.

Meanwhile just outside the gyrosphere valley, Grant, Owen, Claire, and the others had discovered some more wreckage done by the Indominus. It was a gyrosphere that had been attacked by the Indominus. Sparks fell off the snapped wires and the gyrosphere's radio audio was acting funky.

"Please keep arms and....... arms....... please- legs inside the gyrosphere at..... Please keep....." the radio repeated.

The seven of them jumped out of the car and walked up to it. Owen pulled out what looked like a tooth from the Indominus stuck on a metal piece.

"You think they got out?" whispered Sarah to Ellie.

"I don't know." replied Ellie.

"Uh..... Guys?" called Billy.

"What is it?" asked Grant.

Billy showed him a phone he had found on the ground. Its case was dark blue and had a huge crack on its screen. Claire looked at the phone in Billy's hand and instantly recognized it to be Zach's.

"No, no, no, no, no." she said crying as she took the phone.

"Hey." said Owen.

Claire looked at him.

"They made it out." he said pointing to some human footprints in the mud.

Claire sighed with relief. The group then followed the footprints straight to the waterfall the kids jumped off earlier.

"It looks like they jumped." said Ian.

"Brave kids." said Owen.

"ZACH! GRAY!" shouted Claire.

No sooner had she started screaming did the group try to shut her up.

"Quite." whispered Owen.

"Hey, I am not one of your damn animals." snapped Claire.

"Claire, listen." said Grant. "Those kids are still alive, but WE won't be if you continue to shout like that."

"So what do you suggest we do?" whispered Claire angrily.

"You get back, and we'll find them." said Ellie.

"No, I'm coming too! They're MY nephews." snapped Claire.

"You won't last four minutes out here." said Grant.

"I don't care!" snapped Claire. "I'm coming with you all whether you like it or not!"

"Alright, fine." said Owen. "But let's get one thing straight, you ain't in charge here okay. You follow our lead and we'll make it through just fine."

"Excuse me?" said Claire.

"Just relax Claire." said Grant. "It's just like taking a stroll through the woods. 65 million years ago."

As the group began to leave the waterfall behind, Billy noticed a large, three toed foot print in the mud beside the waterfall. He looked at it with suspicion.

"Billy, let's go!" Grant called from a distance.

Billy looked at Grant and back at the footprint one last time before he continued with the others.