Chapter-17

Far out on the western side of the island was Masrani flying his helicopter along side with two other men. One was siting in the co-pilot seat while the other man was siting in one of the back seats.

"So! Did you boys serve the Armed Forces?" Masrani shouted, trying to make his voice louder than the whirling helicopter blades.

"Afghanistan sir!" replied the co-pilot.

"What kind of missions where you there for!?" shouted Masrani.

But before anyone could reply, Vivian called Masrani through their radio.

"We have eyes on the target, east of the aviary." she said.

"Alright, look alive boys!" shouted Masrani to the other two men.

At last, one of the men spotted the Indominus in the jungle below heading straight for the aviary.

"10 o'clock! By the birdcage!" shouted the man in the back seat.

"The Indominus looked up at the helicopter and roared as she ran.

"Ready!? FIRE!" shouted Masrani.

The man in the back seat loaded up a large turret and began to fire. The bullets made small explosions when they hit the ground, but none of them hit the Indominus. The man kept firing but each shot missed by several feet. At last the Indominus smashed her head through the glass wall of the aviary, creating a massive hole in the side as she entered the giant bird cage. Vivian, Lowery, and Hoskins were all watching this on a security camera that had not been affected by Nedry's virus inside the Aviary. Pterosaurs inside flew in panic as the Indominus roared at them.

"No, no, no, no, no, no." muttered Lowery.

"Looks like the fox broke into the hen house." smiled Hoskins.

Lowery looked at Hoskins with an irritated glare.

Inside the Aviary, the Indominus continued to roar at the frightened Pterosaurs. There were three different species of them. The smallest was Dimorphodon. They had skinny large tails with a 4 foot wingspang and a small head filled with razor sharp teeth in their mouths. The second was the famous Pteranodon. These were large Pterosaurs with a ten foot wingspan, a large toothless but sharp pointy beak, and a large crest at the back of their heads. The third one was Cearadactylus. These were the largest of the three species with a 16 foot wingspan, a head like the Pteranodon but with no back head crest and their beaks were full of sharp teeth like the Dimorphodon.

Many of these creatures were resting on the large rocks in the Aviary, but many of them had started to fly around in a panic when the Indominus broke in. A few of them even flew out of the hole the Indominus made and flew out into the open to get away. Many of them were now flying around Masrani's helicopter.

"PULL UP! PULL UP! PULL UP!" shouted the man in the back seat.

Masrani tried to, but the Pterosaurs were now banging into the helicopter causing it to wobble that the man operating the turret lost his balance and fell out of the helicopter, luckly he managed to grab onto the landing gear. He tried to pull himself up but was suddenly swooped away and killed when a Cearadactylus flew down and grabbed him with its beak.

"OSCAR!" shouted the co-pilot. "NOOOOOOO!"

Suddenly, a Pteranodon accidentally smashed its beak through the front window of the helicopter. Its sharp beak stabbed the co-pilot in the heart and killed him instantly. Now it was just Masrani left alive in the helicopter, but it didn't seem like even he would last very long. Many more Pterosaurs had continued to bang and smash bits of the helicopter and this was causing Masrani to lose control. His helicopter was spewing black smoke from its engine and was slowly descending to the ground. At last, the helicopter smashed through the top of the aviary causing all the chopper's blades to break off completely. With no blades to keep it airborne, the damaged helicopter fell to the bottom of the aviary and blew up in a fiery explosion as it hit the ground. The park manager Masrani, was killed in the explosion.