Chapter-9

At the main street, there was a petting zoo that housed several different kinds of baby plant-eating dinosaurs such as Apatosaurus, Gallimimus, Stegosaurus, to Parasaurolophus, even the three horned Triceratops. Many little kids were riding, petting, and even hugging the dinos. Zara had taken Zach and Gray to look and pet the young reptiles; Gray was trying to get a good look at the infants but was stuck behind a crowd of people and couldn't see them.

"Zach, lift me up. I can't see!" he said.

"I'm not Dad. And you're not five." said his older brother.

"I can still ride the Triceratops. I'm 47-and-a-half inches." said Gray climbing up on a bench to get a better view.

Zach just rolled his eyes.

"This place is for little kids." he said.

"Yeah, I know." replied Gray. "You wanna ride the spinning dinosaur eggs?"

"Nope." said Zach looking at Zara.

She was busy talking on the phone and not paying attention to the boys, this gave Zach an idea.

"Gray." he said.

"Yea?" replied Gray.

"Run." said Zach.

"Huh?"

"Quick, scatter. Go! Go, go!" said Zach urging him forward.

The two boys ran off ditching Zara and disappeared into the large crowd in the main street. They didn't stop till they were sure they had lost Zara. They were passing by the Carnotaurus exhibit when they heard the announcement for the midsized theropod.

"The next Carnotaurus feeding show will begin in 2 minutes." said the announcement.

This got Gray very hyped up.

"ZACH COME ON!!!" he shouted. "The Carnotaurus lets go!"

"Okay I'm coming!" said Zach.

"Come on hurry up!" said Gray.

"I am, chill out bro." said Zach.

"Parents beware, this show may be disturbing for smaller children." said the announcement.

The two entered a big gate that had big bold letters spelling out "Carnotaurus Forest" at the top of the gate. The pen had walls made of stone that were around 13 feet tall with glass windows around 10 inches thick. Inside the pen were several trees around 40 feet tall with several small berry bushes growing on the ground. 20 feet away from the glass windows was a sheep chained up to a small pole, it was grazing on a small patch of grass. Zach and Gray stared through the window looking for the killer along with several other people.

"Where is it?" asked Gray excitedly.

Just then there was a loud hissing roar, everyone turned around to where the roar came from.

"Over there!" said a random person pointing at some sort of animal.

The animal stood about 10 feet tall and 25 feet long. Its color was mostly grey but had red all over its back, it had a short snout with sharp teeth sticking out of the upper jaw, two stubby horns above its eyes, tiny arms on its chest, and many small bumps running down its back.

"Zach look, the Carnotaurus!" said Gray pointing at the animal.

"I know I see it." said Zach

The sheep started panicking and tried to run away, but had no luck thanks to the chain leash on its neck. The Carnotaurus raised its head up and then lunged down biting the poor sheep on the head. The Carno's strong jaws crushed the sheep's skull killing it. Some of the people watching turned away or shielded their eyes from the grossness while others clapped and cheered for the carnivore's successful kill.