Chapter-18

So what about you kids?" asked Ian. "What's your story?"

"Well to keep it short, me and my sister Lex met Zach and Gray at the gyrosphere valley and decided to all ride together." said Timmy. "We figured the four of us could be friends since Zach and Gray's aunt is the park operations manager and our grandfather was the founder of the park before he retired."

"'Our grandfather was the founder of the park before he retired?'" whispered Lowery to himself. "Wait, you mean you two are John Hammond's grandchildren?" he asked.

"Yep." replied Lex.

"Do you think you could call him and tell him me and Lex are alright?" asked Timmy. "He's probably worried sick about us after everything that just happened."

"I'm not so sure we really can." said Vivian. "Nedry's virus turned off our phones as well. Unless your grandfather has a walkie-talkie with him, we can't call him with a phone. We can't even call the mainland for help."

"Actually, I think we can." said Owen.

"Call our grandpa?" asked Lex.

"No, I mean we might be able to call the mainland for help." replied Owen.

"What!? But how!?" asked Lowery.

"I just remembered, the radio of my RV here can connect to radio stations on the mainland, as well as use the radio connection here." said Owen.

"So what you're saying is, if we can get to your mobile base, we can call for help?" asked Ellie.

"Sure can." replied Owen. "The only problem is, my RV is over by the big cliffs by the sea on the other side of the island. It's too dangerous to take the kids there with the Indominus still loose."

"WHAT!?" shouted Gray. "We were just reunited with our Aunt and I don't wanna be separated again."

"You're not going to be." said Claire.

She crouched down on her knees to be face to face with Gray.

"Until this is all over, I'm NEVER leaving your side again." she said. "I'm staying here to keep an eye on you and your brother."

Gray lit up a smile. Claire turned to Tim and Lex.

"Plus, you two need someone to help you find your grandfather." she said.

"Wait, you'll help us find our grandfather?" asked Lex.

"Sure thing, some of us need to stay behind and keep an eye on you kids and try to get the power back." said Claire.

"Alright, so Claire will stay here with Lowery and Vivian to keep an eye on the kids, the rest of us will head to my mobile home and try to call for help." said Owen.

"Good luck." said Lowery, Vivian, Claire, and the kids.

"We'll be back soon." said Sarah.

Owen, Grant, Ellie, Billy, Sarah, and Ian walked out of the room to find Owen's car. The Pterosaurs were all gone but the sky was now filled with dark grey clouds as they walked outside. Thunder began to rumble across the island.

Inside the control room, Claire couldn't help but feel worried for them. Lex felt the same way.

"You'll think they'll be alright?" she asked Claire.

"I hope." replied Claire.

Night fell, and it had started to rain. The falling drops of water had made it difficult for Owen to see through his car's window, but he and the group had finally reached his RV. The RV was a two trailer RV. Owen stopped his car and the group quickly dashed to the RV. Inside, dirty clothes and food rappers laid everywhere from the bed, to the kitchen, to the floor.