Chapter-19

What are you all doing here?" asked Owen.

"Claire told us you people went to Owens's mobile base to try to call for help." said Barry.

"Yea, but thanks to the Indominus we were only able to send out half of the distress call." said Grant.

"The coast guard knows we need help but they don't know where we are." said Sarah.

"That does sound like an issue, but I'm afraid we have a bigger problem to deal with." said Muldoon.

"And what's that?" asked Owen.

"Its Hoskins." said Barry. "He's taken control. And he's got some crazy idea to use the raptors to kill the Indominus."

"WHAT!?" shouted Owen.

"You... you can't be serious!" said Grant. "He wants to use one of the most DANGEROUS dinosaurs, to HUNT down the Indominus!?"

"I'm afraid so." said Muldoon.

Not long afterwards, Muldoon, Barry, and the rest of the raptor trainers brought Owen, Grant, and the others back to the Velociraptor cage. Navy men were unboxing weapons and preparing the raptors for battle. Hoskins was there examining the raptors. Owen jumped out of Muldoon's car and walked up to Hoskins.

"Well, the alpha wolf has finally arrived." he said smiling.

Owen punched Hoskins hard in the face.

"OW!" shouted Hoskins.

"Get the fuck out of here, and STAY away from my animals!" said Owen aggressively.

"Oh for Christ sake!" said Hoskins rubbing his jaw. "How many more people have before this mission starts to make sense to you?"

"This isn't a mission. It's a field test." said Muldoon.

"You just want us to use the raptors just so you prove that they are valuable for war." said Grant angrily.

"This is MY turf now." said Hoskins. "You'll never be able to get everyone out of here with that thing still out there unless we do something about it. You're gonna watch a news story tomorrow about how you all saved lives. No better yet, how your animals saved lives!"

Owen, Grant, and the others looked over to Muldoon and Barry.

"They've never been out of containment." said Barry. "It's crazy."

"Barry's right." said Muldoon. "What if this all back fires?"

Hoskins looked over to the troops who were all ready for battle.

"LET'S MOVE IT OUT!" he shouted.

The men started the vehicles. Hoskins looked back at Owen.

"This is happening, with or without you!" Hoskins said.

"IF we do it, we do it my way." said Owen sternly.

A few minutes later, Owen was concurring the plan with the troops, Grant was standing next to him. In front of them was a table with a map of the island on it. Owen placed his finger on the map.

"Okay, we know that she is in sector six. Between the aviary and Dilophosaurus pen." he said. "This is a game we call hide-and-seek.
It's a scent drill. We've done it about a thousand times with these animals' men. Dr. Grant?"

"Velociraptors are pack hunters. They like to herd the animal into a kill zone." said Grant. "The alpha and beta usually like to present themselves to distract the victim, when their target is distracted THAT'S.... when the others jump in to attack. And when the pack attacks, the alpha and beta then join in."

"And that's when we take our shot." said Owen. "When Blue and Charlie attack. Get a clear shot, wait on my command, and give her everything you got. We got one good target, gentlemen. Do not shoot my Raptors."

Two minutes later, Owen was soon soothing the raptors to get them ready for battle. Billy and Grant walked over to him.

"Owen?" said Billy. "Do you really think this will work?"

"I don't know." replied Owen. "But we don't have a choice."

Owen noticed that Billy and Grant were holding hunting rifles.

"What are you two doing with those guns?" he asked.

"Muldoon let us borrow some of his extra rifles." said Billy. "We wanna help you hunt down the I. rex."

"That's a crazy idea! What if something goes wrong?" said Owen.

"Which is why we wanna help, you're gonna want some dinosaur experts to help you out encase something goes wrong." said Grant.

"I suppose you do have a point." said Owen. "Alright, by the way, where are Ellie, Sarah, and Ian?"

"Someone named Ronald Tembo took them back to the visitor center to tell Claire and the kids what happened at the mobile base." said Billy.

"I see." said Owen. "Come one, were about to leave."

One minute later, everybody had boarded a vehicle and were ready to go. Owen took out the Indominus's tracking implant followed by the chunk of flesh that had been found during the first attempt to re-capture the Indominus. Owen held out the meat chunk in front of five doors holding back the raptors. The Velociraptors sniffed the meat and soon picked up the I. rex's scent. They quickly became hyped up and eager to find the creature. Everyone at the visitor center was watching this on the security cameras. Hoskins had also returned to the visitor center to watch the action from a safe place.

"This is gonna be awesome." he said.

Lowery and Vivian looked at each other worried. At the raptor cage, Owen had jumped on his motorcycle and was ready to go. Grant and Billy were riding with Barry and Muldoon. The five of them looked at each other and nodded. Owen then looked at the young raptor handler that had fallen into the pen earlier; he was holding a button switch. Owen nodded at him and the young handler pushed the button. The doors flew open and Blue, Charlie, Delta, Echo, and Fern all dashed out at once. The five raptors followed the smell and ran into the jungle.

"LET'S GO!" shouted Owen.

With that, Owen, Grant, Billy, Muldoon, Barry, and the troops drove off following the raptors. The Velociraptors ran in zigzags, jumped over fallen trees, and crouched under branches as they searched for the source of the smell. At the visitor center, everyone watching couldn't help but feel nervous about what was going on.

"Imagine if we had these puppies in Afghanistan." said Hoskins.

A few minutes later, the team had arrived in sector six. Barry looked at his tracker on his motorcycle and noticed the raptors were decreasing they're speed.

"They're slowing down!" he called to Owen.

Owen picked up a communication mic on his shoulder to contact the rest of the team.

"They found something!" he said.

Seconds later the raptors came to a complete stop in a small opening deep in the forest. The jeeps and motorcycles all stopped and the men jumped out holding rifles, pistols, and other kinds of hunting guns. The men took position behind the raptors and readied their weapons. There was a loud stomp, followed by crunching sounds of branches, and even a roar. The stomping and rustling got louder and louder until finally, emerging from the trees came the Indominus. Men quickly positioned their guns at the dinosaur waiting for Owen's command. The I. Rex and raptors all starred at each other. The Indominus barked at the raptors and to everyone's surprise, Blue barked back as if she understood the giant predator. The I. Rex and Blue barked at each other again, the other raptors began to join.
Everybody looked at each other confused.

"Am I going crazy, or is the Indominus talking to the raptors?" whispered Billy.

"It's not just you." replied Barry. "They're communicating."

"How the hell is that even possible?" whispered Muldoon.

Suddenly, it hit Grant in the head.

"I know why Claire wouldn't tell us what it's made of." he said.

Owen, Billy, Muldoon, and Barry all looked at him.

"Why?" asked Owen.

"That things part Velociraptor."