Chapter 2: Discovery

The boy nodded.

(???)"This is the first time we've met, huh Giorno? Do you know who I am?"

(Giorno)"...Leaky-eye Luca. I heard that you refused to back down during a fight, despite the fact that the opponent had plunged a knife into your face. And that even after the wound was healed, your eye still keeps on tearing."

Luca showed that it was true by wiping some tears away from his right eye. Luca sat down on a bench.

(Luca)"Hey...sit down for a second."

Giorno didn't move.

(Luca)"Just sit down already! I'll get a stiff neck if I have to look up if I'm taking!"

Giorno sat down, keeping his calm expression.

(Luca)"So, how old are you?"

(Giorno)"...I'm 15."

(Luca)"15!? Whoo, you're young, aren't you? Listen Giorno, there are three don'ts when you want to establish a good friendship."

(Luca)"The first one is don't lie, the second is don't bear grudges, and the third one is don't forget to be respectful. Nice, huh? The three don'ts of friendship."

(Giorno)"...Did you want something?"

Luca lost his happy expression, and replaced it with a look of anger as he put the shovel's handle up to Giorno's neck.

(Luca)"I'm the one talking right now! Who gave you permission to ask questions, you idiot!?"

(Giorno)"..."

(Luca)"I heard you've been doing some part-time work at the airport, huh? Huh!? I, Leaky-eye Luca, haven't received a gift of 'respect' from you yet...we can't be good friends like this, now, can we? Show me your wallet for a second, huh? Where did you have it? In this pocket?"

Luca took a wallet out of Giorno's pocket. He opened it and saw a picture of a man who slightly resembled Giorno.

 He opened it and saw a picture of a man who slightly resembled Giorno

(Luca)"The hell is this? A family photo?"

He also found the 30 euro that Kaito gave Giorno earlier.

(Luca)"Only 30 euro?! Where's the rest?!"

(Giorno)"Luca, I don't have anymore because I've already paid. Don't make me repeat myself."

Luca grabbed his shovel, ready to swing it at Giorno.

(Luca)"YOU LITTLE SH*T!"

Giorno seemed ready to do something, but before he could. A pink hand grabbed the shovel.

(Luca)"What the hell?! Why isn't it moving?!"

Giorno then saw who the hand belonged to.

(VoR)"You know, it's not a good idea to swing a shovel around like that. Someone could get HURT!"

(Luca)"W-who said that?! Where are you?!"

(VoR)"Don't bother looking around, you won't be able to see me. Anyway, this kid, he helped my friends earlier, and I don't think they would like it if he just DISAPPEARED."

VoR took the shovel out of Luca's hand's and raised it above his head. Luca tried to move, but some unknown force prevented him.

(Luca)"W-Why can't I move?!"

(VoR)"Also, if you want to use a shovel as a weapon, you have to do it...LIKE THIS!!!"

He brought the shovel down on the back of his head. There was no blood, no sound of cracking bone, Luca didn't even scream. When VoR took the shovel off Luca's head, a large indentation was clearly visible, even the letters on the shovel.

 When VoR took the shovel off Luca's head, a large indentation was clearly visible, even the letters on the shovel

Luca fell forward with a loud thud.

(Giorno)"What the hell?! Did you just?"

(VoR)"Don't worry, despite how it looks, he's not dead. He'll just be in a comma, for the next 15 years!"

(Giorno)"..."

(VoR)"So, since you can see me, that means...you have one too?"

(Giorno)"...Yes."

(VoR)"Then, may I see it?"

Giorno said nothing, but a golden figure appeared in front of him.

(VoR)"Hmm, I like it. What does it do?"

(Giorno)"Watch that rock."

He pointed to a small stone on the ground. And the golden stand punched it. In just a few seconds, the stone began to change into a small, clear ball. VoR noticed something forming inside it. A green mass inside the ball formed into a frog. The frog broke out of the ball, and hopped into Giorno's hand.

(VoR)"Incredible! A stand that can give life to inanimate objects!"

(Giorno)"So, that's what it's called."

(Giorno)"Now, try to hit it."

(VoR)"Uhh, why?"

(Giorno)"Don't worry, it won't be harmed."

VoR  threw a punch at the frog, and felt a strong force hit his face.

(Giorno)"Anything that is thrown at the things I give life to, is immediately sent back."

(VoR)"Well, that seems extremely useful. You probably could have used it on him."

They both looked at Luca's body.

(Giorno)"Well, I got to go now, tell your friends I said hello."

(VoR)"Of course, friend. See you later."

And VoR flew back to the hotel balcony.

(Since Giorno didn't have a luggage frog to save him, VoR decided to step in. Next chapter, things get real.)