Chapter 8: Hidden Treasure

(I'd like to mention that Kaito is now 14, this story takes place a month after Kabu's Bizzare Adventure

(I'd like to mention that Kaito is now 14, this story takes place a month after Kabu's Bizzare Adventure.)

Buccellati explained a bit more on how Passione worked. Like how they make sure not to attract attention by dressing up as normal civilians, which made Kaito laugh, mainly because the three of them stick out like a sore thumb.

Inside a nearby restaurant

The rest of Buccellati's group were sitting at the table. Fugo, the one wearing a pink suit with holes in it, was helping Narancia, the one wearing black and orange, with a 3rd grade math problem, 16x55.

(Narancia)"Hey, it's looking nice outside."

(Fugo)"Pay attention, Narancia."

(Narancia)"Who cares if I don't study for a day?! Besides, I'm not really feeling it today..."

(Fugo)"Listen, this is really admiral of you. Not many people can admit that they didn't go to elementary school, let alone ask someone to tutor them. Besides, you've already memorized your times tables. You can do it, just the way I taught you. I know you can do this!"

He held up the math problem.

(Fugo)"Alright, what's 6x5?"

Narancia repeated 6x5 a couple times, before answering.

(Narancia)"30?"

(Fugo)"Yes! See, you can do it! You might as well solve half the problem already!"

(Narancia)"All right! 6x5 is 30! Awesome!"

(???)"Hey! What the hell is this!?"

Mista, the one wearing the blue and orange hat, was pointing at a plate with 4 slices of strawberry shortcake on it.

(Fugo)"What do you mean? It's strawberry shortcake, if you want dessert, then take one."

(Mista)"Yeah, I know it's strawberry shortcake by looking at it! It's definitely not chocolate or cheese cake. But I'm not talking about that! There are 4 pieces! Are they telling me to go die or something!?"

Fugo looked at the cakes, unsure of what the issue was.

(Fugo)"Are 4 slices not enough for you? Do you want more?"

(Mista)"Come on, stupid! Don't you know?! It's bad luck to take something from 4 things! It's fine to take something from 5, even from 3, but if you take something from 4, something bad'll happen!"

(Mista)"When I was a kid, the neighbors cat had 4 kittens, and this guy wanted one as a pet. And he got his damn eye scratched out by the one he picked."

(Fugo)"That's just a superstition! Think of it logically, if everyone took a slice from the whole cake, someone would eventually and inevitably end up with 4 slices to choose from."