Chapter 6: The Test

(Polpo)"Your right arm, is it injured? Your right hand has faint red lines where you must have been holding something. Lines that suggest that you were holding a bag...that must suggest that you were carrying a bag with your right hand. For what reason?"

(Kaito)"How does he even see that?"

(Giorno)"Well, yes. I was carrying my bag only with my right hand, because I injured my left arm."

(Polpo)"I'm envious...you're still able to be so reckless with yourself."

A panel from the wall opened and revealed a mini fridge.

(Polpo)"Do you want something to drink?"

(Giorno)"They said we can't take anything, or receive anything."

(Polpo)"They just say that for protocol purposes. Humans often..."

He took out a remote and pressed the button. Another large panel lifted and revealed a TV, some books, a VHS player, a violin, and a teddy bear? But the one thing Giorno noticed was a gun, some ammo, and a grenade.

(Polpo)"Say and do different things. That's the beauty of humans, though that can also be the ugly side of them."

(Polpo)"The only thing in this prison...that I actually lack, is...let's see..."

He thought about it for 3 seconds.

(Polpo)"That I can't see the Michelangelo's paintings on the wall of the Sistine Chapel, maybe...I have some Van Goghs and Gauguings though."

(Giorno)"Polpo...it's not that he doesn't need to leave the prison. It doesn't matter wether he's in here or somewhere else...and besides, with that body...he's probably safer in the prison!"

(Polpo)"I heard about you two from Buccellati. So you both want to enter into the gang, is that right? Uh...Giorno and Kaito, was it? Well...let's start the entrance examination."

Giorno noticed that the middle and ring finger on Polpo's right hand where he was eating a cracker...were bitten off by Polpo himself. A Coco clock went off and distracted Giorno. When he looked back, Polpo had a silver and gold lighter in his giant hand, and the fingers he had bitten off, were somehow back.

(Giorno)"What was that? A trick of the eye? For a split second, it looked like Polo had bitten his fingers off. Is he...a stand user too? Was that his ability? I can't let him catch on...that I saw what I just saw!"

(Polpo)"When one has to choose from a list of candidates...what do you think is the most important quality to note, Giorno Giovanna?"

(Giorno)"...what they can do, perhaps?"

(Polpo)"And what can you do, Giorno."

Giorno held his hands out in front of him, and a wallet and some money fell out.

(Polpo)"Oh ho!"

(Giorno)"During the body check I just...'borrowed' these from the guard. I thought I could use these for your test."

He looked at Kaito now.

(Polpo)"And what can you do?"

(Kaito)"Look at your right hand."

He did, and saw that the silver lighter wasn't there anymore. He looked back at Kaito, and it was now in his hand.

(Polpo)"How did you do that?"

(Kaito)"I have my ways."

(Polpo)"I see. Well...there's another element that's equally important."