OD!Matt x Male!Reader

Here is the one-shot for the winner of the cover contest, XxSamwantstodiexX, used to be Comet-Boyo. So sorry on how freaking late this is. Life sucks and motivation for Eddsworld has been running low. I do apologize, but I hope you enjoy!

You sat on the couch, idly playing on your phone while waiting for your boyfriend to arrive at your house. You two had a system: if one wanted the other to come over for cuddles, the other would drop what they were doing and arrive at the other's house as soon as possible. And you just wanted to curl up on the couch with your tall boyfriend.

It was just one of those days, where your mood just wasn't the greatest just because. Just one of those days.

A knock sounded at the front door. "Just come in, Matt! Not feeling like getting up right now!" You shouted out. You heard the door open and close with a soft click. Footsteps came closer and Matt flopped down right next to you on your couch.

"One of those days, (y/n)?" He asked. You just nodded. He hummed in acknowledgment and pulled you close to him and wrapped his arms around you. You sighed and leaned back onto him, tangling your legs with his.

"So," Matt started, making you look up at him. "Did you steal another flannel of mine? Cause I'm pretty sure the one you're wearing right now came from my closet." You just smiled and laughed making him narrow his eyes.

"And so what if I did? What you gonna do about it? Huh? What you gonna do?" You taunted him. He looked blankly at you and you just smiled.

"Oh no, what ever am I going to do. My adorable boyfriend stole my shirt. But it makes him even more cute. Whatever shall I do?" He responded sarcastically after a minute of staring and silence. You just smiled even more.

"Cute? That's it? Couldn't even do better?" He stared at you some more, but you saw the smile beginning to tug at his lips. He ruffled your shorter hair with his hand and shook his head.

"What else is there that my greedy boyfriend wants to hear? Pretty? Gorgeous? Or what about handsome?" He listed for you. You just continued to smile more and more at his words. You twisted around to face him.

"I like that. All of those. But you, my knight, are the handsome one. And I'm the pretty one. It's just facts." He finally couldn't hold back his smile and grinned at your happy face. He really couldn't get anywhere with you, but that's just one reason on why he loved you. Until he met you, he thought he would never love or be loved. Girls approached him but he never had interest. Even a couple guys approached him. But then there was you.

He had never seen a guy like you before, and was amazed that you walked up to him to talk. At the time, your hair was pulled back into a tiny ponytail and your (e/c) eyes were still as wide and full of hope as they are now. You instantly went on the flirt with him, a smirk gracing your features. And for the first time, Matt didn't straight out reject you like with everyone else. He was speechless. So you gave him your number, winked at him, and sauntered away, still leaving him speechless.

He almost couldn't bring himself to call you, but then Tom pressed call and walked away singing, please with what he just did. He left Matt fumbling with his phone as the ringing continued. And you picked up the phone on the third ring with an answer he'll never forget.

"I swear on everything, if this is a wrong number or a telemarketer and not the hot, tall guy I met last night, I will find you and make your life a living hell."

Matt couldn't speak in shock when you said that at first, but shook it off.

"Well, I'm glad I'm not a telemarketer or someone with a wrong number. I'd recognize that voice anywhere. And you think I'm hot?"

A dramatic gasp sounded on the other end. "Of course! Now, coffee shop at noon? Or my place? Or yours."

All that led here, with you firmly held on your protective boyfriend's chest. And neither of you would have ever wished to be anywhere else. Ever.