08 » I bet your own mother doesn't even love you

When I left my room, I found Niall with one of his bodyguards in the kitchen. I recognized him as one of the men who were with Niall the day I met him. Both men wore sports gear and looked like they were about to start.

" Hi! Sadie, right?" The man was quite broad and balding. He held out his hand, which I took and shook." Sadie with public outings, Mercer for every other occasion." Niall was visibly annoyed with his bodyguard treating me like a normal person.

" Mark, always Mark," His bodyguard said. I grinned. " Nice to meet you, Mark." I stared down their clothes. " Are you going to exercise?" I asked.

" I thought you worked for the MI6. Aren't you supposed to be extremely perceptive?" Niall said, rolling his eyes. Mark acted as if he hadn't heard Niall. " Yes, we are. We're going to do a little cardio and some boxing. Care to join?" Niall stared at Mark as if he couldn't believe his ears. It made it only more fun for me, so I said yes and went back to my room to put on my sports gear.

I found them in Niall's underground sports dungeon. They were already jumping rope. Niall wore weights on his ankles and pretended not to see me. I stretched for a few minutes and took a jumping rope myself.

Mark was like some coach, I figured. He really made Niall sweat. He also tried to set me off, but I was trained not to let people get under my skin that easily. Niall was still ignoring me, and I couldn't really care less.

After an hour of cardio, we were handed boxing gloves. I started on the punching bag while Niall and Mark did some sparring together.

" Mercer, would you mind boxing with Niall for a bit?" Mark asked after fifteen minutes. I dropped my hands. " Sure," I nodded. Niall shot Mark a nasty glance. I walked over to the spot Mark had been standing and took off my boxing gloves and grabbed the kick pad off the floor. Perhaps him imagining of hitting me rather than the pad, he'd be able to forgive me, I thought skeptically.

Niall bit his lip and started punching the kicking pad with his gloved hands. " Come on, Niall. Is this all  you can do?" I mocked as I tried to lure him out. His punches did get harder, but still not hard enough. Sweat beaded on his forehead, dripping down the sides of his face.

" You think you can say and do anything Mercer," Niall spat at me, " But in reality, you're not much." 

I pulled up my eyebrows. " Yeah, probably because I'm working for the government. We're all shits and only do things we want. That's why this country's so messed up, right?" I mocked. I got on his nerves, judging by the hasty and quick punches he shot.

" You're nothing, Mercer Fulton. You're nothing but a puppet to this whole system. You don't care about anything and talk nothing but shit." I rolled my eyes. I'd been called worse.

" I bet your own parents don't even love you. Your mum's probably a whore and your dad's probably an alcoholic or a drug addict. I mean, that has to be the reason you came to be this way." 

Anger flared up. Before I could even think, I had thrown the punching pad off me and had Niall pinned down beneath me. I had surprised Niall with it, by the look on his face. My arm was on his neck, blocking his airway. His face started to go red, and behind me, Mark started screaming I had to let go.

" You can insult me for everything and anything because I don't care about it. I know you didn't mean it, but only to get under my skin so consider this as your first and last warning. Do not talk about my mother that way." I hissed. I let go of him and ran out of the underground dungeon.

I couldn't believe he'd said that. No, I actually could believe he did it. What I couldn't believe, is that I let that piece of shit get under my skin like that. I couldn't believe I had pushed him on the floor and was actually prepared to kill him, right there and then. Tears welled up in my eyes.  Fuck. I was such a weak shit.

Mark had followed me. " Mercer?" he asked cautiously. I turned around and put my arms out in a way of protection. " Please, stay here. I need to get out of this house." I could see him nod through the haze of my tears. " Sure, okay. Don't do anything stupid, please." 

I turned around and stormed through the front door and through the opening gates. I started running and never stopped.