21 » MI6, this is an emergency!

Niall had won two awards like it was nothing. He held affectionate speeches and even mentioned me in his first one, telling the world how he couldn't have done it without me. With that, a camera was shoved right up my face. I had been slightly shocked, but I managed to push out a sheepish grin and blow him a kiss. I could already picture how Mark was laughing his ass off backstage, where he was waiting for Niall. 

I really wanted the ground to swallow me whole when the camera finally moved away from me. I was so not good at this. When Niall walked back, he received many congratulations from his fellow musicians and other important music industry figures. He finally dropped in his seat next to mine, where he looked at me with his sparkling eyes. " Don't you ever do that again," I muttered through my clenched teeth, so softly only he could hear it. Niall couldn't help but bark out a laugh.

The show passed extremely quick, and I had enjoyed every single bit of it. It was something I wouldn't experience ever again in my life but would remember forever. Just being here, seeing everything happen in such close proximity was a miracle itself.

I had noticed recently, especially after today, that this job had changed me in a positive way. The old Mercer would've thought this was commercial nonsense and would've protested with all her might not to get sent down here. But, now I started to get to know Niall better, the more I started to like him. He wasn't how I expected him to be, while nine out of ten times, my gut feeling about someone was right.

Niall and I had joined a group who were also on their way to the MTV after party. I recognized them from tv, but I wasn't sure what their names were.  Mark had gone ahead to pick up the car.

I was wearing my in-ear again and had turned the brooch microphone back on, while Niall and I walked out, hand-in-hand. 

I heard a familiar sound. Pop, pop, pop. Half a second later, I pushed Niall on the floor and pushed myself on him.  The bullets drilled in the cardboard EMA walls behind us. People started screaming, and I could hear Niall repeat my name over and over again. I could smell the familiar scent of gunpowder lingering in the air.

" Get down, get down!" I shouted as I grabbed the loaded Glock out of my purse. I swung the cord of the purse around my neck so I wouldn't lose it.

" Uniform five, Fulton is under fire. I repeat, Fulton under fire!" 

I looked at the cardboard EMA walls. The way they had pierced through, I could tell the bullets had come from somewhere up high. I followed the radius it must've come from, and noticed the spot where our sharpshooter, Uniform five, was supposed to be. I swallowed.

" Uniform five, do you copy?" I didn't get any response. I swore. He had to be dead, otherwise, he would've responded. I dragged Niall towards the covered crush barriers.  I grabbed one of the telephoto lenses a photographer had dropped and pointed it towards the spot Uniform five had to be as well as I could.

" This is uniform One, speaking on behalf of all Uniforms. We're stuck in the panicking crowd. They're all running back inside," Uniform one spoke through my earpiece. " You best make sure you'll get through, or you won't have a job to return to tomorrow, you worthless pieces of shit!" I shouted angrily.

" The suspect has been spotted in the tower, Uniform Five may have been terminated. Put that motherfucker down, I swear to god, kill him if you must. I am going to get Niall to safety, over and out." I took out my earpiece and ripped the brooch off my dress. That piece of shit could be wearing Uniform Five's earpiece for all I knew. I wasn't going to take any risks.

I had seen the sniper, but not the sharpshooter behind it. The person started firing again, but aimed without precision all sharpshooters possessed, which made me believe he wasn't a sharpshooter after all.