30 » A lot of skeletons in my closet

Niall appeared in better spirits after his Guinness on the boat. He even treated both of us with ice cream. I allowed him to eat his own this time because it would have melted.

We walked barefoot on the pebbled beach and listened to the waves hitting the surf. The beach and the sea both weren't extremely busy, which surprised me considering the great weather.

Niall and I found a sort of secluded spot where we sat down to overlook the rippling sea. 

It was strange to sit here when we nearly died a few days ago. I was glad nonetheless.

" It's odd sitting here. If a year ago someone would have told me I'd be sitting here with Britain's assassin, I wouldn't have believed them," Niall spoke as he pushed the end of the pointy cone in his mouth.

" I've done some weird shit in my life, but I'd not have believed it either," I smirked.

" What kind of things did you do for the MI6?" he asked, interested. 

" That, my dear, is confidential which I may not share with anyone but my superiors and the Queen herself," I spoke and shrugged.

" You can't even share that with me?" Niall asked, surprised. I slowly nodded. " Even my dad, who also works for the same bosses, doesn't know any of the things I've done." 

I also finished my ice cream and went to lay down on my back staring at the blue sky. Niall followed my lead. I felt his stare puncturing my cheek.

"Did you kill anyone because of your job?" He quietly asked. I turned my head to him as my face twisted thinking back of it. " I cannot say." 

" You really can't share any single detail?" 

I sighed as I twisted my body to his as I removed my sunglasses. " If you ever tell this to anyone, I will come after you and kill you without so much of a thought," I threatened. Niall did not seem impressed at all as he nodded. " Promise." 

" I managed to prevent serious threats on our soil. Threats so severe, London would have been left in rubble and skeletons." My voice was barely a whisper as I spoke.

" I've been a prostitute to catch a mobster He saw through me, unfortunately."  I shoved the hair behind my ear away, as I showed him the massive scar behind my ear.

" I nearly lost my ear as he tried to cut it off with a piece of a broken mirror. I killed him with one shot." Between the eyes, but I dared not to tell him.

" The other women I worked with pretended he had killed himself as they dragged me out of there." 

Niall's face was drawn with terror. " Really?" 

I nodded. " And that was one of the easier jobs I've done," I muttered as I turned back on my back.

" I don't think you'll tell me, will you?" Niall asked.

" No, and no one will ever get to know about that. The files have been burned, copies have been destroyed and no one but my boss knows about it." 

Niall sat up straight. " You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." 

" Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to. I've done terrible things. Things you can't even fathom."