20 » I'll show you what I'll do with that pretty head of yours

Halfway through the show, I had followed Niall backstage to his assigned dressing room, where he could prepare for his performance. I was leaned against the wall, barefoot with my heels in hand, whilst Niall changed his clothes.

I tried not to stare, though that was a struggle. He was well built. Not fat, but there wasn't a sixpack underneath his clothes either. I thought it was rather refreshing, considering half the other male artists took steroids to look puffed. Niall gained those without taking any of those.

When he dropped his pants, I decided it was safe enough for him to stay alone in his dressing room, and walked out to give him some privacy.

It was busy in the hallways where all the celebrity dressing rooms were located. People were walking on and off with cameras, food, and drinks. Even celebrities passed me as I guarded the door.

A strange world, this one was. Niall was quite ordinary, demanding only plain, whatever brand of bottles of water. When I caught a glimpse of some of the dressing rooms on our way to this one, I had seen enough weird things to last me a lifetime. Some of the white walls had been covered with drapes, as had chairs and sofas and tables were loaded with the most luxury foods such as water bottles that'd normally cost around twelve pounds and expensive Belgian chocolates.

I thanked God for raising me as a normal human being. Or well, at least not a spoiled one.

" Mercer?" I turned around at hearing my name and was shocked to see who was standing behind me.

And old classmate from high school named Gregory Carr was stood there. He wore clothing I had seen other security guards wear on my way in.

His skin was sun-kissed, and his muscles were well shaped. His blond locks were still styled in the same way he wore them when he was fifteen. And those perfect, dark blue eyes were the reason he had become my first boyfriend. 

All I could hope for was that my face did not betray me as I was shocked to see him standing there. I tried to look at him as if I had no clue who he was.

" Mercer?" I said, " I don't know a Mercer." My accent had slipped into a Manchester accent any Mancunian would have been proud of. " I'm Sadie. Sadie Iverson. And uh, who are you?" 

His face twisted, visibly confused but not buying my act. " Oh please, Mercer. It's me, Gregory!" 

I shook my head and took a step back. " I have no clue who you're talking about."

I felt two big hands on my shoulders. Before I could throw him over my shoulder, I recognized the cologne he wore a lot. Mark.

" Everything alright?" Behind him stood Niall with a surprised look on his face.

" Mercer? What's going on?" Gregory asked, still extremely confused.

Niall's gaze went from my face to Gregory's, as he walked towards me and stood in front of me. " May I ask what's wrong?" Niall asked calmly, though a little protective.

" Mercer, out of all people, I would always recognize you," Gregory said as he looked past Niall and completely ignored him.

" You must confuse her with someone else mate because this is Sadie, my girlfriend," Niall said and took my hand as he turned towards me. "  Are you coming, pet? I've to get on stage in a second." 

I nodded quickly, desperate to get the hell out of here. I put my heels back on and left the flabbergasted Gregory behind us.

" What the hell was that?" Niall hissed in my ear as we were out of Gregory's sight. I ignored him as my brain tried to work out what the hell just happened.