33 » Five times fire

Two hours had passed, and the feeling in my body slowly and surely came back with every passing minute. My arse started to hurt though since we couldn't move. Niall had been experiencing the same thing. The nerves still ate him wholly, visible through his face. I was nervous, too, but kept it hidden underneath a mask to ease him up a little. After all, I was still working for him.

The agent who'd been holding me had gotten some bottles of water from the back with straws, and after expecting them thoroughly, I declared them safe enough to drink. 

" I bet you'll still make headlines today," I said to Niall. Our cold pizzas were still in front of us.

" Niall has a pineapple pizza and  finds a bomb underneath his bench." 

Niall pulled up an eyebrow. " That wasn't part of the deal. I only agreed to it if they only wrote about the pizza," Niall argued. " Plus, the information isn't correct since you're the one who found the bomb, not me." 

I was glad he could talk a little easier, which had been my intention in the first place.

" They had to write about your pizza. It doesn't matter if they also mention a bomb underneath our benches." 

Niall rolled his eyes. " Fine, fine!" 

The door opened, and half an army entered the Italian restaurant. One of them, in particular, looked extremely concerned. I only noticed then it was Waterlane. I barely recognized him through the protective gear all the men wore. My heart jumped a little. I'd never been this excited to see my boss.

" I think it's Rohypnol," I said, declaring my still drugged state. " Most of it's in the glass, the rest on the floor." 

Waterlane pulled a face when he looked down. "Well done, Mer," he said, his voice distorted through his mask. 

Evan, the police officer was lead outside by the army men, as some started inspecting the bombs beneath our benches.

" Make sure he'll get out first," I said to them. My voice was steady and filled with authority. Not like they had to listen to me, yet they listened.

Niall looked fearful while a man was face up on the floor, inspecting the bomb. 

" It's not going to be an easy task," the bomb expert spoke. " There's a liquid in it, as far as I can tell. Besides it being pressure sensitive, it will also burst to shits if the two contents get mixed." 

How did this son of a bitch get them here! I really couldn't believe it.

Niall's gaze was filled with fear as he looked down at the men busy beneath him. I could tell he was about to burst into tears. He wasn't the only one who felt like that. I wanted to run, but I know if I would, I'd blow up these specialists, my boss, Niall and myself.

The fear they would screw up nearly choked me. I had to bite on my tongue to burst out they had to hurry, to get Niall the fuck out of here. He had to get out of here.

Out of nowhere, the two men were holding the bomb in their hands. It reminded me of a diving board with wires to them. They carefully walked over and lowered the bomb into the box without shaking or moving, and closed off the lid.

Niall let out a shaky breath.

" Get him out of here," Waterlane ordered. " No, not without her," he spoke as he backed against the wall. " I wait here." 

Waterlane shook his head. " No, you're going outside, to the ambulance to get checked."Two CRE's grabbed him by the arm. " No, no! Sadie, Sadie let me stay, please!" he pleaded as he tried to trash his way out of there. I swallowed and averted my eyes. I did not want him to stay. The front door closed behind them.