The First Date (With Parents)

~Two weeks later~

"Mom, I don't think this..." you turned to see the back of the dress drooping down, nearly reaching your butt. You sigh before turning back your mom, "Don't you think you're making me look a little too fancy?" Your mom placed her hand on her chin, showing that she was thinking. "But sweetie, I just want you to look nice," she said, slightly pouting. You smiled, "I'll be fine with wearing a dress that cost below twenty dollars. You don't need to buy me a..." you paused before pulling at the tag provided on the dress. "Two thousand dollars?" you asked, shocked that the dress cost so much. It was nicely made, and the material was comfortable. But it was a fitted dress, your figure was vividly showing. It made you feel uncomfortable even with the material, and adding to that, it's a backless dress. You had no clue why it would cost so much, perhaps it was the brand that made it. Either way, you wouldn't settle for your mom spending two thousand dollars on a dress you'll probably wear once a month. "Let's just go to a normal store, and buy me a less expensive dress," you suggested. "Sweetie, it's okay to look beautiful for a date," she insisted. You sighed as you stared at yourself in the mirror. "You should be grateful, you're rich. Not everyone is born rich you know, show off what you own, and put people to shame," you shook your head as you got rid of the thought. "I'll be fine with a normal dress, mom," you replied before returning to the changing room.

~Time: 6:35 P.M.~

"Are you sure I look okay?" you asked your mom, as you pushed the strand of hair behind your ear. Your mom's lips immediately curved into a smile, "Of course! You look like a princess." With her reassurance, you turned you're head to look out the window. You could faintly see your reflection in the window, your face full of makeup. "You've never wore makeup before, have you?" she asked, and you immediately nodded. "It's a waste of time to do it, so I never do my makeup. Plus, I believe in natural beauty," you replied as you placed your hand onto your lap. You and your mom finally settled on a dress, and it didn't cost as much money as the other dress she suggested. You were happy with that. After all, you didn't want to seem out of the ordinary with such an expensive dress. "Are you excited to meet Taehyung's parents?" she asked, and you quickly fixed your position. You smiled shyly, "I'm a bit nervous... it's my first date with Taehyung, if you could count this as an official date. And meeting his parents is adding pressure. I just hope they like me..." "Don't worry too much about it, Miss Y/N. You're a caring and loving person. People who dislike you are out of their mind, don't worry too much about it. I'm sure they'll like you," your driver assured. You smiled, "Thank you for the confident booster. You're truly kind. I'm glad you think that I'm that kind of person."

~At the restaurant~

You clenched your hands together while they uneasily rested on your lap. Your entire body was tensed up. You and your mom were patiently waiting for Taehyung and his parents to appear. "Calm down, sweetie. No need to be so tense. You're going to make a horrible impression with that posture," your mom said before pushing your chin up. She happily smiled at you. "If you're confident about what you're doing, when you'll give off an amazing aura. But if you're slumped and seem tense, you'll give off a fearful aura. That's what I learned after working in your dad's company for so long," she said. You slowly nodded before you started to breath in and out. "Just imagine it like a meeting," she added. Her words made you give her a confused expression. "I haven't had a meeting in so long. I've been busy with other stuff. I'm not able to participate and/or partake in any," you replied. With your statement, she was quick to frown. "Really, then who's taking charge of the meetings?" she asked. You shrugged, "Maybe Mark. He's been doing a lot for me lately: filling out papers, sending emails, and other stuff. But, I'm not slacking! I've been doing more work, he just does the portions I can't." She smiled, "Mark is such a reliable secretary." You nodded in agreement with her statement. Soon, you noticed a familiar figure. "Oh, he's here!" she said before happily standing up. "Hello, I'm Y/M/F/N (Your Mom's First Name). I'm Y/N's mom, or the mom of your son's girlfriend," she greeted as she happily shook everyone's hand. They smiled back before introducing themselves. "Sweetie, come introduce yourself," she said, slightly giving you a push. You nodded before standing up. Then you were standing in front of his parents. Although you felt intimidated, you were able to introduce yourself without any problem. "Hello, my name is L/N Y/N. I'm Taehyung's girlfriend. It's a pleasure to meet you, and we're happy to have you here. I'm sorry if this event disturbed anything in your daily life," you said in a rather confident tone. You watched as they happily smiled as you shook their hands. "My, my, what a polite and generous young lady," his mom said. You felt a sense of relief rush over you at her words. "Let's head to the table, shall we?" your mom asked, interrupting your happy relief. Everyone nodded and she lead the way to the table you were previously sitting at.

"It's really nice to be here with you. Our son talks a lot about you, and we really like the image he created for us. We hope that we won't be disappointed," Taehyung's dad said. You smiled shyly before glancing at Taehyung, who was giving you two thumbs up in return. "I hope that... I won't make a fool of myself and ruin the image he crafted," you slowly replied. His parents smiled. "Right now, you're painting the image with beautiful colors," his mom said as some type of assurance, making you smile. "Now, shall we get to the real business?" your mom asked, and everyone nodded. After ordering food, everyone started talking with one another. "I heard that this is their first date," your mom said, leaning in closer. "Really?" Taehyung's mom asked, shocked. Your mom nodded. "What a shame, right?" she asked, shaking her head. You sighed. "Looks like everything is going well," Taehyung smiled. A smile was quick to creep onto your face, "I'm glad it is."

~End of date~

"You're truly a charming young lady. I'm glad my son found someone like you," Taehyung's mom happily said. You smiled before bowing to his parents, "It was a pleasure to meet you both. Thank you for taking time out of your day to come." Soon you stood up, and watched as his parents disappeared. "I'll be in the car. Maybe you should talk to Taehyung," your mom said before walking off. You turned to Taehyung with a bright smile. "I got the approval!" you happily shouted before jumping into his arms. He laughed, "I didn't expect any less from you." You pulled away at his words. "You know it's the end of our first date. You know what that means, right?" he asked while leaning closer. You shook your head. Before you could say anything, he connected his lips to yours.

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako