Another Business Trip

~A year later~

"What's on my list today, Mark?" you asked. You haven't been living up to your assistant manager job for a week now. That's only because the company has gotten busy so you also got busy. "You have to organize the papers into the correct folders. Then you need to stamp off some papers. After that, you have a meeting with Melody," Mark said. The car stopped when he finished his sentence. "We're here, Miss Y/N," Eun informed. "Thank you," you smiled and got out. Mark followed behind you. "That's right, Melody is coming to Seoul today, isn't that right?" you asked. He nodded, "She said that she's doing a quick check up on you." "Is that right?" you entered your office. Everyone stood up before greeting you, and then they sat back down. You went to your office and started working. The time was counting down for you. You needed to finish before Melody's plane arrived.

~After a while~

When you were all done with work, you turned them into a person at a counter. You called Lily and Josh earlier, and told them to come with you. They were waiting for you in the car. "Let's go, Mark," you said. Mark nodded and followed you to the car. Then you sat down in the passenger seat. Eun started driving to the airport. When you got there, you were lucky that you arrived early. There was a lot of papers, and they seemed to be getting out of hand. You were lucky to even finish them. Everyone patiently waiting. They were busy on their phones while you were busy on your laptop. You were checking up on everything. It seems that your part has been doing well. Then the airplane, that Melody was on, was said to have landed. You patiently waited but distracted by the charts. Then when you least expected it, Melody jumped on you. "Someone's a bit distracted, huh? Maybe it's because you're worried about your dad's company," she said. You closed your laptop and hugged her. "It's been a year since I've seen you! I'm so happy that we kept in touch. You're the main reason I work so hard," she smiled. "You work well on your own. I highly doubt I do anything for you," you said. "Oh right, I brought Byung-Hee with me," Melody grabbed Byung-Hee. She pulled him to her. "I was forced to come here," he said. "Your dad said that you needed to. Stop being a loser about it. If it was my choice, I would have kicked you out of that airplane. But since your father and my father are friends, I couldn't do that," Melody sort of threatened. The three of you talked for some time, catching up on missed times. "So you're here for what, exactly?" you asked. She informed you that she was coming but you didn't know her real reason. Sure, it was to check up on you but she just randomly appeared.

"Did your parents not inform you?" she asked. You shook your head. "They've been far too busy to tell me anything," you explained. "Ah, well... we're going on a business trip," she pointed to her and Byung-Hee. "You're coming with us," she added. "I am...?" you asked. "Well, it's more like your choice. But I think that having the daughter of a well known company owner with us, would be really helpful. We could convince people with your title and strength," she explained. "It's fine if you don't come with us though. We don't want anything bad to happen to you again," Byung-Hee reassured that you didn't need to follow along. "What harm can it do? I've actually wanted to go somewhere for some time now," you have been so cooped up that it was really getting to you. "So you want to come?" Melody ask, just to verify. You nodded. She stood there, thinking. "Oh, that's right!" she suddenly said. "It'll be a month long trip," she added. "What, that long?" you asked, shocked. "Yeah, our busy trip kind of involves the entire world," she explained. "Are you still down?" she asked. You nodded, "I need to leave Seoul and have fun at times as well." "You should most definitely bring those four. You'll need them," Byung-Hee pointed to your friends. "Of course, I'll be more protected with them by my side," you said. Soon, you guys got into the car. You explained to Lily, Josh, Mark, and Eun. They seemed excited by the trip. "Go inform the people you need to. Then get ready to leave in..." you pause. "In two days!" Melody said. "What she said," you said.

~At home~

It was late at night but you asked Taehyung to come to your house. When he was here, you sat him down. "Listen, I'm going on a business trip," you said. "But why, that's dangerous!" he said. "I know it is," you replied, "But I want to go." He stared at you, "I won't stop you if you want to go." "The thing is... I'll be gone for a month," you informed. His jaw dropped at your words. "A month? Why that long?" he asked. "The business trip, supposedly, involves the entire world," you answered. "So, you're going on business trip for a month. Do you really want to leave me that badly?" he seemed sad. "Of course I don't want to leave you. But, I've been in Seoul for the longest time. The only time I left this place was when I went on that business trip with my mom. That didn't leave good memories but I was able to leave. I want to go explore the world," you said. Taehyung looked at you, he hesitated. "Okay, I'll let you go. I'm not going to beg to come with you. I would if I didn't have a comeback in a week," he said. "I wasn't asking permission to leave, you know," you chuckled. "Well, I'm giving you permission!" he replied. "You're not my guardian," you smiled. "Hey, make sure you're careful this time. If anything happens to you, I can't go to you. I just need you to be safe, okay?" he asked. You nodded, "I'll have six people with me. I don't think anything can happen to me. Plus, I'll try not to be as clumsy as last time." He still seemed hesitant on letting you go, but he nodded. "Don't you think that you should go and get ready?" he asked. "You're right. do you want to help me?" you asked. "Of course I do," he smiled.

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako