2

That was the question that plagued Vanessa the entire way to Madelaine's.

Was she crazy?

Vanessa stopped twice, once to pee and get something to eat, and once to get something for Madelaine. She sat in the parking lot of a Target, just past the Canadian Border, for at least 10 minutes, stalking Madelaine's Instagram to see what she liked. She wore a lot of black, white and yellow. Vanessa strolled into the Target, looking for something she thought would look good on her new friend. Vanessa was going to guess the size, but she got distracted when she found a white velvet body suit that had an embroidered rose on it. She imagined Madelaine wearing it and smiled. Madelaine would be her first friend since graduating. Vanessa wasn't very good with people, to be honest.

Hey, just wondering what size clothes do you wear?

Oh

Um, medium in shirts, 2 in pants, 7 in shoes, why?

No reason :)

Vanessa grabbed a medium and looked around for anything else she though Madelaine would like. She searched around until she found a pair of medium wash ripped jeans, and black strapped wedge sandals. Vanessa felt weird about buying someone she hardly knew things, but she also felt like she should, considering Madelaine was giving her a home. The cashier looked at her weird as she rang her up, because the only thing that looked like it would fit was the jeans.

Vanessa grabbed the bag before the cashier could ask anything and went back to her car, making my sure Yoshi was okay before she started the car and continued driving towards Madelaine's apartment.

About 45 minutes later, Vanessa pulled into a parking lot and texted Madelaine.

Which apartment?

308B, you here?

Yea

On my way out

Vanessa got out of her car and grabbed Yoshi's cage and her backpack before Madelaine ran out to her.

"Hey!"

"Hi!"

Madelaine pulled her into a hug. When Madelaine pulled back, she smiled at Vanessa.

"Oh my god, you're so beautiful."

"You too!" Vanessa's face started getting red again and Madelaine let out a soft laugh.

"Let me help you with your things." Madelaine smiled at her.

"Oh, thank you," Vanessa responded, grabbing the Target bag before Madelaine could.

Together, they dragged all of Vanessa's things upstairs. Vanessa let Yoshi out and the girls played with him for a while.

"Oh! Hey I got you something, let me get it." Vanessa hopped up and grabbed the Target bag, and handed to Madelaine.

"Ooh! You didn't need to get me anything!"

Madelaine started pulling the things out of the bag.

"This is so nice, thank you!" Madelaine hugged her.

"Go try it on!"

Madelaine smiled and went to the bathroom, leaving Vanessa alone with her things.

When Madelaine came back out, Vanessa felt her heart swell. She looked amazing. Madelaine did a little spin.

"You look amazing," Vanessa mumbled to her.

This time, Madelaine was the one who blushed.

"I love it." Madelaine smiled again.

She went back to change and Vannesa started wondering why she felt the way she did when Madelaine came out.

"Let put your stuff up, okay?"

Vanessa nodded and started picking up her bags. Madelaine led her into the extra bedroom and helped her put things away, smiling when Vanessa started hastily shoving lingerie in one of the drawers.

"I can tell we're going to be good friends," Madelaine choked out, laughing.

Vanessa laughed too and nodded.

"Anything else you can tell me about yourself?" Vanessa asked.

"Uh, well, I'm single, I'm an aspiring actress, and I'm taking online college courses. Oh and I don't know how I forgot, but my last name is Petsch."

"Same about the single thing and my last name is Morgan, uh, hey, do you have any roles coming up? I'm kind of out of work," Vanessa admitted, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Oh, yeah, um, I'm auditioning for Riverdale soon, y'know the show based off of the Archie comics."

"Oh! Yeah, is there anyway you can get me the info for it?"

"Yeah, it's on the fridge."

"Thanks Mads."

Madelaine's face got bright red and she tucked a piece of her matching hair behind her ear. Vanessa smiled and redid her high ponytail.

"Alright, I'm gonna go try to contact someone about Riverdale. I'll be in the kitchen."

Madelaine and Vanessa went into the kitchen and Madelaine pointed out the number for her.

Vanessa called the number, and when she hung up, she was smiling.

"Who are you auditioning for?"

"Cheryl, and you Ms. Morgan?"

"Josie." Vanessa leaned against the kitchen countertop.

"You'll make a great Josie." Madelaine smiled at Vanessa.

"I know you'll make a great Cheryl."

The girls chatted for a bit, until Madelaine complained she was hungry. Vanessa smiled and started making dinner before Madelaine could object. While they ate vegan mac and cheese, Madelaine had them watch Twin Peaks because it was supposed to be like what Riverdale was going to be like. After three episodes, Madelaine fell asleep on Vanessa's shoulder. Vanessa reached out to a couple of blankets, sliding one over Madelaine and herself. Vanessa laid her head over Madelaine's and quickly felt herself falling asleep.