17

Of course Vanessa's parents didn't know, because what could ever go right for her? They had called when the Vanessa has confirmed they were dating, still skeptical that their previously perfect daughter would do such a thing as be bisexual. This was different though. This was huge. There was no way Vanessa would be able to convince them to come to her wedding, or, hell, convince them not to disown her.

Vanessa heard someone start towards the kitchen, looking for something. Then she heard someone scream and the words Cole! Stop! then laughter. She was too zoned out to even realize that at the very moment, everyone was groaning in agony because Cole and Lili were making out in the kitchen. Finally, the two plopped down on the couch, giggling quietly.

When it registered what happened, rather than be disgusted, like her friends, she silently wished she could have that kind of public relationship without judgement. After that moment, all Vanessa wanted was everyone out and to have her fiancée cuddling her. Eventually, Vanessa actually fell asleep, clutching Madelaine's sweater.

When she woke, everyone was gone and she was grabbing onto Madelaine so hard she thought she might cut off her circulation, and her face was wet with tears. Madelaine was rubbing soft circles on her back.

Somehow, everything would be okay, Vanessa would get her parents to come to the wedding, nothing would fuck up this relationship. Nothing.

But would something mess it up? The constant question plagued Madelaine. She wasn't sure. For fucks sake, Vanessa had been crying in her sleep. Madelaine snapped and posted a picture of her ring, captioning it 'Love. Is. Love.', then turning her phone off.