7

[[ disclaimer: I'm doing a tiny time skip so that it's later in the same day. ]]
////
Despite the loud movie being played, the only thing Vanessa could hear was her best friend talking on the phone with Travis. They weren't official, but Vanessa had a bad feeling about it. The girls had been watching Paper Towns when Travis texted Madelaine, prompting her to call him and spend the next half hour on the phone. Vanessa couldn't imagine them having anything to talk about, mainly because Madelaine had spent 2 hours talking to the guy over lunch. Vanessa rolled her eyes when she heard Madelaine say something along the lines of 'night Trav,' and then making a kissy noise. When Madelaine finally flopped down on the couch next to Vanessa, the movie credits were rolling.

"Ah fuck, I missed it."

"Yeah. You were too busy talking to Trav."

"Just shut it Vanessa. God."

"What time do I have to be up tomorrow?"

"We have to leave at seven, so probably four considering how long you take to get ready."

"Shut the fuck up."

"Why do you have to constantly pick fights?"

"Don't act so high and mighty, queen of leading people on."

"You're still pissed at the fact that I'm not into you, god, how shallow are you?"

Vanessa slammed the remote down on the coffee table and stomped to her room.

"Bitch," Madelaine whispered under her breath.

Madelaine buried her head into her hands.

"Fuck. I'm not the one who needs to apologize here. It's her. All her."

The next morning, Vanessa was completely ready to leave at 6:45, when Madelaine finally rolled out of bed. The girl was ready at seven on the dot.

"Little late there, Mads."

"Keep your big mouth shut, Nessa."

Vanessa couldn't stand how bitchy she was acting. The girls rode to set in silence, only communicating when Vanessa asked what to do. As soon as they set foot on step, Roberto pulled them off to the side.

"Hey, so I know you guys are best friends, but Cheryl and Toni are basically enemies for a while, is that going to be okay for you two?"

Vanessa gave him a fake smile. "That won't be a problem at all Roberto."

He smiled at her and shooed Madelaine off, telling her he needed to speak to Vanessa privately.

"Vanessa, obviously, your character causes trouble for Betty and Jughead. We just want you to know not to take any threats to heart, they can get pretty outrageous."

Vanessa nodded and he let her go to start shooting her scenes.

While Vanessa and Madelaine were on the way home, the official Riverdale instagram posted a picture of Vanessa, Cole, Drew and Jordan, with the caption, 'We're welcoming @vanessamorgan @drewraytanner and @thejordanconnor to Riverdale this fall and they're here to stir up drama, in the northside and in a fan favorite ship #bughead'

Vanessa noticed the post and smiled, clicking the comment section. Drew and Jordan had already commented. Vanessa did the same and then started reading through more of the comments.

teambugheadforever: Really?! That ugly bitch is going to try to ruin bughead?!

honestlyriverdale: honestly she shouldn't even try, why even join the show? Nobody likes her anyway, she should honestly just die.

thatgirl18: they're gonna let a fat pig mess up everyone's favorite ship? Just go ahead and die.

Vanessa closed the app and leaned against the door of the car. Madelaine was still pissed off at her, and now she was getting death threats. Vanessa started silently crying, wiping each individual tear from her eyes. Before Madelaine could turn off the car, Vanessa was already out of the car and flying up the stairs, trying to stop crying. Vanessa burst through the apartment door, running to her room and locking herself in it.

"Whatever you're crying about, it can't be that bad. You'll be okay Vanessa," she heard Madelaine whisper to her after a few minutes.

"Love you."

"Love you too Mads. I'm okay."

Vanessa tried to pretend nothing had happened. She tried to pretend everything was amazing. It was no use, because she found herself scrolling through the comments, looking at the crude comments people were leaving. She eventually just fell asleep, ignoring Madelaine's knocks on the door.

"Vanessa, open up!"

"Nessa!"

"I read the comments, Vanessa please."

"I'm sorry."