6

Cami tugged at Madelaine's sleeve.

"C'mon, Mads, you've been single forever! Victor knows a guy, he's really nice! Just say yes!"

They were on set; filming the season premiere of season 2. Camila insisted that her boyfriend, Victor, knew a guy who would be perfect for Madelaine.

"Fine. I'll go on one date! After that, I'm not going to let you set me up anymore."

Cami squealed in excitement.

"Let me make this clear. One date Camila."

"Okay, but what happens if you like the guy a lot?"

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

She pulled out her phone.

"Tomorrow at Veggie Grill, noon," Cami said, smiling.

After shooting for the night, Madelaine dragged herself back home at just around one am. Vanessa, who hadn't officially joined the show yet, was already crashed on the couch, The Fault in Our Stars playing in the background. Madelaine smiled fondly at her and then went to bed, feeling guilty about the date she had agreed to.

The next morning, Vanessa woke before Madelaine got up. She crept into the bedroom, confused when her phone wouldn't stop incessantly buzzing with texts. Camila was sending her outfits and asking, what about this one? after every picture.

"What?" Vanessa whispered to herself.

Madelaine stirred, then stopped, pulling the blanket closer to herself. Camila had sent probably thirty outfits, all of which were not very Madelaine at all.

"Madelaine."

Her eyes opened and looked up at her friend who had her phone in her hands.

"Why is Camila sending you outfits?"

"Fuck. Um, I-I've got a lunch date, she set it up."

Vanessa's fists clenched, then threw the phone on the bed. She stomped out of the room, her freshly dyed pink hair bouncing around.

"Vanessa. Vanessa! You have no right to be mad at me, I am not dating you. We are not together!" Madelaine chased after her.

Vanessa's face scrunched up. For a moment she stopped dead in her tracks, then she continued stomping to her bedroom. Madelaine rolled her eyes and turned around, going back to her room to shower and change. Vanessa did the same thing, but she didn't do it because she did it regularly, she did it out of spite.

After her shower, Vanessa straightened, then curled her hair. She dug through her drawers, looking for a certain outfit. She smiled to herself when she found it. The top was a silver, loose, bodysuit. She found a pair of light washed jeans with iron-on roses on them, accompanied by a thick black belt. Vanessa put it on, along heeled booties and makeup. When she looked in the mirror, she knew she'd done well. Across the living room, Madelaine was thinking she'd done the same. She had on a maroon bandeau top, light wash ripped jeans and heeled booties. She smirked at herself in the mirror, if Vanessa wasn't already jealous enough, she would be after seeing her in this. Madelaine did her makeup and curled her hair, then slipped on a denim jacket in the same wash her jeans were. The girls walked out at almost the same time.

"Where are you going, Vanessa?"

"Wherever you're going."

Vanessa smirked.

"Why are we fighting, again?"

Madelaine's eyes softened.

"Cause you got jealous that Camila set me up for a date."

Vanessa shook her head and held her arms open. Madelaine walked over and hugged her, rocking back and forth.

"God, we've got to help you with these feelings, we keep fighting over them."

Vanessa nodded. "I know what we can do."

Madelaine pulled back and hummed at her. Vanessa grabbed her by the collar and yanked her down so she could press her lips to Madelaine's. Vanessa pulled away and smiled.

"You go on your date, I'm gonna get out and go get something to eat. Love you Mads."

Vanessa ran out of the apartment, down to her car.

"Love you too," Madelaine whispered to the empty apartment.

Madelaine drove to Veggie Grill, to meet a guy she had never met before. She was surprised to learn he was covered in tattoos and piercings. He was sitting at a table in the corner, fiddling with his thumbs. He looked up at her and smiled. Madelaine sat down.

"Hi, I'm Madelaine."

"I'm Travis."

They made small talk and ate, but Madelaine was really starting to like him.

When they were finished, he gazed at her lips.

"I'm glad you agreed to come." He smiled.

"I'm glad I came."

He was the first to get up, opening the door for her. She smiled at him when he opened her door for him.

"Nice to meet you Madelaine."

"Nice to meet you too Travis."

She remembered Vanessa's kiss. Madelaine gulped and stared at his lips.

"Um, hey, can I kiss you?" He asked.

She giggled at his shyness and nodded her head. He gave her a quick peck on the lips before smiling and walking back to her car.

What should've been in Madelaine's mind was Travis. That wasn't what was on it, it was someone else.

Vanessa.