4

[[ disclaimer: there's a bit of a time skip so the italicized bit is like a flashback/summary ]]
////
Vanessa hung up the phone laying her head on her arms on kitchen counter. The casting agency for Riverdale had just called, she didn't get the part for Josie. It didn't surprise her, she had obviously done horribly.

Madeleine had ran in 10 minutes later, jumping up and down.

"I got it! I got it!"

"I'm so happy for you Mads! I didn't get it, but I'm glad for you."

Vanessa grabbed Madelaine and pulled her into a hug. Vanessa gave her shoulder a quick kiss. They had been living together for almost three weeks. Madelaine felt her face grow warmer. They stood for a few moments, holding each other.

Less than a month later, Madelaine started filming. Vanessa was at home alone most nights. She would spend hours scrolling through dating websites, looking for someone, trying to keep her feelings away from Madelaine.

When Riverdale's first season was over, they had been living together almost six months. Madelaine would sleep in Vanessa's room whenever she could, not doing so when she would already be asleep once she got home from work. They had started referring to each other as Mads and Nessa, best friend, and shithead. Madelaine told Vanessa how much she loved her and loved living with her on the daily.

Throughout Riverdale's break, the girls would rewatch it, Vanessa pointing out plot holes and dumb scenes, and Madelaine telling her to shut up and watch the scenes she was in.

When they found out Riverdale had been picked up for a season two, and there would be new characters, Madelaine practically begged Vanessa to audition for the queen of the southside, Toni Topaz. Vanessa happily obliged, knowing she was only doing it to be near the girl she loved. Vanessa spent hours everyday studying Toni, trying to figure her out, so she wouldn't bomb the audition. Vanessa was excited to learn Toni was bi, because without admitting it to Madelaine, she had figured out she was bi.

This time around, Vanessa was 'phenomenal' at the audition, according to the casting agency. Vanessa was more relieved to find out that she would be around Madelaine more than anything.

[[ this starts right after Vanessa gets casted ]]

Vanessa's mouth connected to her neck. She grabbed Vanessa's waist and held her so Vanessa could kiss her.

"Mm, Vanessa."

"Nessa, please."

Madelaine's eyes flew open. She had been dreaming. Right? She felt dizzy, she couldn't connect what her eyes were seeing to what was going on. She reeked of alcohol. Vanessa's lips were creeping up her neck. When she barely was able to compose herself, she put two and two together realized that she was totally buzzed. She realized Vanessa was too. Though her mind didn't know what to do, her body did. She placed both hands on Vanessa's face and dragged her so she could kiss her on the mouth. How she got the way she was, was still a mystery to Madelaine.

[[ madelaine's memory ]]
Cole had dragged two kegs into the apartment's living room. The entirety of the cast followed him. Madelaine told him to get it out, her and Vanessa were still 19. Lili and Camila insisted it stay, and eventually, with the help of Vanessa telling her to calm down, she let him keep it.

Vanessa had handed her cups full of the pungent liquid, and just like everyone around her, she downed it. Vanessa had grabbed her arm, that didn't even feel connected to her body, and dragged her into the bedroom. Vanessa's shaking hand locked the door. She pushed Madelaine back onto the bed. Vanessa's mouth connected to her neck. She grabbed Vanessa's waist and held her so Vanessa could kiss her.

"Mm, Vanessa."

"Nessa, please."

Vanessa pulled back and smiled, absolutely drunk, and began to unzip her dress.

"Vanessa, wait!"

Vanessa stopped and looked at her, cocking her head to the side.

"We're both so so so fucking drunk and if we do this, we'll regret it. Plus everyone is still here."

Vanessa frowned then smiled again, nodding. She placed kisses from Madelaine's lips in a line down to the lowest part of her v-neck dress.

"Let's go Mads."

The girls slipped out of the bedroom, without suspicion to all of their buzzed cast mates.

Within the hour, everyone was gone and the apartment wasn't too bad of a mess. Madelaine had crashed on the couch, and Vanessa, starting to come down from her high, starting to forget the events earlier in the night, laid down, wrapping Madelaine's arms around her.

Madelaine woke up to the sound of her phone endlessly ringing. Vanessa was cuddled in her arms, still blissfully unaware of what had happened the night before.

She (un)gracefully flipped over the back of the couch, trying not to wake Vanessa. She landed on the floor, the thud of her body matching the dull thud in her head. Madelaine got up and ran to her phone. It was Cole.

"Hey Cole."

"Hey, Mads! I just wanted to make sure you lived through last night," he chuckled.

"Yeah, I'm great. I should've been checking on you though, you and Lili were all over each other, so if you hurt my best friend I'll kill you."

"Oh no, holy shit. I was so smashed that me and Lili started making out? But, no she went home in an Uber with Cami."

"Great, I've gotta go, Vanessa's waking up. Bye Cole."

"Bye Mads."

She hung up the phone and stared at her best friend who was swaying on her feet.

"Holy shit."

"What?" Madelaine's eyes went wide.

"Did we fuck last night?"