P.2 - Unconcious Child

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

The annoying sound went on and on, I couldn't move anything which frightened me. I couldn't feel the softness of my teddy inside my hands which made me more worried- the sound of beeping going up as I gained more confused. 

'What was that beeping? Why can't I open my eyes? Where am I?' I thought to myself, my body feeling heavy as I felt like I was being lifted- my eight-year-old body seemed to be floating. A giggle parching out of my lips. I opened my eyes and saw that I was in the sky. The bright blue sky that I had only seen through my window. 

"Weee!!!!" I giggled happily, my bare feet hitting against the ground as I ran around on the roof. My eyes grimacing at the brightness of the warm sun as it hit against my body. But as I looked down at my small body, I noticed I was in a white gown with blue spots; it made me wonder where I was. 

But as I began to know some kind of knowledge, I knew that when I'd push my feet and think of what I wanted to do- that's what my body would do. So I thought about soaring in the blue sky, pushed my knees down and pushed myself off the roof. My body swaying with the wind as my lips pursed into a large grin. 

I hadn't been this happy in a long time and as I flew around, I went to large distances but my body felt like it was being pulled backward. That it was wanting to go somewhere so I let it. I let my body soar once more with the push off from a large tree that looked grand. I began lifting my body again and flew back from the direction I came. 

Looking down, I saw figures running through the forest and it peeked my interest. 

I moved forward and directed my body downward, my eyes finding the figures. But they were anything but human. The wolves. Three of them. 

One smaller than the other two but the smallest one seemed to have the most power. Yet as I was about to approach them, someone beat me to it. My face gaining a scowl that I imagined would be quite terrifying. My silver hair brushed against the soft breeze of the wind, trees leaving a rustling sound as I lowered down to the grass. 

Though I failed to notice the wolves that stood still, watching my small body that was giggling and dancing around the forest. Jumping lightly that looked like I was floating slowly downwards. My hair floating sideways as my body laid down onto the soft yet muddy ground. 

Resting my eyes, the sun began fading from my eyes that were happily getting soaked in a bath of heat. The sight before me terrified me. It was the wolves and now there was a fourth one- they all had their heads cocked to the side in wonder. 

"Do-Don't ea-eat me!!" I squealed, my hands covering my face as the sun came back onto my face. The wolves had sat down and been looking at me strangely. My hands gripped against the grass as I backed away and leaned against the bark of a tree.

The sound of silent brushes of wind grazed my skin, I should be cold but I wasn't- I hadn't even shivered as the frosty wind bit at my skin. The wolves soon began departing and I released the breath I didn't even know I was holding. But as three left, one remained. The smallest one. 

"H-Hi?" I managed to mutter out, my hand shakily waving at the wolf who gave me a seemingly horrifying grin which made me squeal yet again. My eyes glancing through the peeks of my fingers as I stared into its eyes. An emotion I didn't know swaying in them. 

The wolf's eyes soon changed colour, the shade seemingly going whiter than usual, my hands going down as I unconsciously inched closer. Wanting to see them better, and when I was just about to touch its nose with my own- the eyes came back and widened. The wolf yelped and rolled onto it's back in shock. 

A large laugh escaping my lips as I joined the wolf in falling backward, my hands clutching my stomach. 

"T-Tha-That wa-was fu-funn-funny!!!" I laughed, the wolf growling at me which caused my body to go up straight. My eyes shake but soon softened as I noticed the wolf's tail sway. The wolf was happy. It was playing.

My hand reached out and the wolf growled- I backed it away and inched it closer again. This time, the wolf sniffed it cautiously and licked it making me squeal in shock. A giggle escaping me as relief washed over me. 

I rose to my feet and inched over to the wolf who had remained seated. I placed a hand on its head and ruffled it softly, the softness makes me want to lay on the wolf and sleep for eternity. 

"It's so soft..." I uttered. A slobbery lick on my cheek as I noticed the wolf liked the compliment which just made me grin. 

"Do you have a name? I do! I'm Harvey, nice to meet you!" I spoke fastly, unconsciously giving my hand to the wolf to shake before realization hit me. It was a wolf, they couldn't shake. My hand about to depart but I felt a heaviness to it- I glanced down and saw the paw of the wolf in my hand. 

My eyes widened as I giggled, shaking the paw up and down before releasing my grasp.

"I'm going to give you a name okay?" I stated with a playful glare, the wolf yipped in agreement and rose to its feet and began jogging around my body. My laugh couldn't be contained as I sat down and began thinking of a name for the wolf. 

Embracing the wolf's features, I began soaking in the look. The wolf had a dark cloak of fur that resembled the night. A small white patch on its left eye, a small scar on its front right paw from what looked like an accident and bright gold eyes that complimented the sun. 

"Are you a girl?" I questioned the wolf and earned a flick of his tail in my face, my lips coughing out some hair from his tail.

"Boy it is" I muttered, a small snicker from the wolf made me roll my eyes with a smile still widening on my face.

"Hm..let's call you Jack?" I asked the wolf who shook its head in disagreement. Clearly not liking the simple name.

"Okay then...how about... Karko?" I spoke after thinking about it for a while, a yip and a lick of satisfaction told me that he liked the name. I released yet another giggle and petted the wolf now named Karko behind his ear.

"Karko it is" I whispered and just as I was about to speak, Karko stood up and his ears twitched as if listening for something in particular. His eyes fading slightly almost as if he was leaving the world and enhancing himself in something.

"Everything alright Karko?" I asked cautiously. My hand still on his warm fur as my eyes glistened with curiosity for what was going on inside his head. 

The trance ending, Karko began trotting off- leaving me alone in the forest. 

"Bye then! I'll come back tomorrow!" I yelled with a small wave, my hands going back to my sides before I looked up and bent my knees, jumping with all my might as I flew back into the air and back into the direction I was being pulled in...

Only to be tackled and land against the ground.