P.5 - Finding Home

Running deeper into the dark woods, I didn't dare to look back at the place Apple had taken me to. I sniffed out a cry as I felt a pang inside my heart. 

I trusted her, and she had broken it in a matter of seconds. My fists came back as my now blood covered dress became irritating me. I halted after glancing around my surroundings- making sure that no one was following me as I gripped the edges of my gown and stripped it off my body. Placing it down onto the ground as I stood bare in the middle of no-where.

My small bloody feet began pounding against the ground as the moon began showing itself, my figuring jumping lightly over fallen trees and large rocks that I awed at momentarily. But as my ears heard the thumping sound of hounds and people rushing outside of the building I had just escaped from- I began sprinting again. 

Going as fast as my little eight-year-old legs could take me, my hair blowing with the wind as I winced every time it got caught between twigs and branches.  

A pant leaving my mouth as I screeched silently, my body tumbling down a rather steep cliff. My feet steadying as I swayed forwards toward the thrashing river. I was literally on an edge. Then it led me to have a small breathing issue.

My throat croaked as it held back any form of breathing leaving me as I trembled. My hands grasped at anything and everything as I waited to be saved. My eyes clutching shut as I grumbled in fright. I wanted to go home. But I had no home to return to- but I had things that normal people didn't have. I had powers. 

I took a deep shaky breath and realized no one was going to help me. They wanted me for their own selfish stupid reasons! They were all like Timothy. They were all wanting me for their own sad lives to suddenly become interesting! But I wasn't going to let them get me. Not today- not ever.

Breathing in and out, I moved my hands down just as the ground underneath my feet began to crumble. My knees bent in the familiar movement as I pushed off with my might and watched as the land fell into the rashing rocky waves in the river. A giggle left me, but not before I noticed something dashing towards me that made me lose my grip. My body began falling towards the figure that sped fast. Faster than Apple.

Almost like a blur, almost like a light. 

And as my body fell, it fell into the muddy ground, the grass straightening as I collapsed against it like a fallen animal. And that made me growl. I was no animal, I was no one's pet or object. I was a human- or at least I thought I was. 

Raising to my feet, I looked up and spotted a man. He looked young but older than me. Yet something about his eyes made me think that he was older than his appearance was deceiving. 

"How old are you?" Was the first thing that sputtered out of my lips, my head tilting to the side as the man stared in shock. I then took in my appearance. 

I was naked, I had mud covering up all the areas that I had been taught were precious- my hair had twigs and leaves in it. The knots were endless and I had blood covering my feet, legs, and hands. 

"Hello?" I asked as I took note to get a wash, I had never been taught that standing in front of a male naked was a bad thing, so I took it to no harm as I noticed the redness appearing on his pale cheeks. My mind wondering if he was ill. 

Jumping into a float, I placed my hand on his forehead- on top of his dark curls that blocked most of his forehead. My hand staying there momentarily before I realized that I couldn't feel the heat so I puffed in annoyance as to not knowing the causing of his cheeks transforming into a deeper shade of red.

"You gonna just stand there or do you wanna maybe give me something to eat?" I bluntly questioned him, my legs aching while my stomach rumbled hungrily. Apparently, even if I was in the soul form- I need to eat..but didn't need the toilet which I was quite thankful for. 

The male shook his head and the blush faded. 

"Who are you?" The man spoke to me, his deep British accent. His pale skin beaming from the bright light the sun was emitting through the morning dust. The sun finally beginning to rise as the man's skin somehow glowed. It mesmerized me, to say the least. My eyes couldn't be torn away as he stared back at me.

"I'm Harvey! What's your name?" I asked innocently, my hand outstretched to the male with a grin planting on my face. The man seemed rather shocked that I bluntly told him my name and offered my hand. It puzzled me, why would anyone be confused at a handshake?

"So...what is your name?" I spoke again, my left eyebrow raising as I patiently waited for his reply. My hand being enraptured by his large one as he shook it up and down.

"Dracula" Was his reply and I nodded, a grin still on my face as I walked towards him. His eyes following my body as I gave him a hug. Noticing his body stiffing at the contact, almost as if he hadn't had a hug in years.

"Lovely to meet you Dracula, but could you please take me away from here? Bad people are after me" I pleaded with him with my eyes mustering up all the baby I still had left in me from what I had been through. 

"Sure, but what can you do for me?" Dracula asked in an unusual tone that made me raise an eyebrow. My hand moving to my chin as I began to think. A thinking face emerging as I grinned, raising my arm as I spoke my answer.

"I can be your daughter, I c-can cook and clean, I can also do the washing up and washing clothes-- oh and if you have any pets I can look after them!" I rambled onto the man is known as Dracula who merely watched me in amusement. My eyes beaming with hope as the faint sounds of people yelling my name came into the distance. 

My heart began thumping as I grumbled. I didn't want them to catch me, and I hoped that Dracula spotted that. My hands shook wildly as I prayed silently in my head at him, hoping he would take me away from these awful people.

"Alright, you can be my daughter- but we're going to change...well all of this" Dracula spoke after thinking about it for quite a while, the voices growing louder as I whimpered towards myself. My hand wrapping around his as I trembled behind him.

"I-I'll do anything ju-just get them away from me!" I pleaded, my eyes beginning to water as the sun began breaking through the gaps of the trees. Dracula's skin beaming with white light as fangs emerged from his lips. His mouth twitching into a snarl as he roared at the now frightened people in lab coats. 

"Time to raise some hell" He grinned, his hand shoving me behind a tree for safety as I urged up it. Hoping to be safe as my eyes watched him in awe. His motions moved like a blur- and I pouted at the fun I was missing. 

So I closed my eyes and re-opened them, to watch him move in slow motion as the light from the sun turned blue... the sight before me slowing down as I witnessed all of his actions. 

I could slow down time- well...that was new.