-Liam-

School had finished and i walked straight home to make sure i didn't miss my parents before they left. I fiddled with my keys as i opened the front door of my house. I could hear noises from the kitchen so i followed them.

'Have you found the car keys yet?' Mum was asking dad, she was in her dressing gown and her hair was still wet.

'not yet, i'm looking for my wallet!' dad snapped back at her, he was wearing a suit and he had a tie on, but his shirt was on inside out, i rolled my eyes.

'chances are they are together' i said dropping my schoolbag on the floor. Mum jumped and looked over at me.

'Oh good, you're home!' she said hurrying over to me 'can you help me look for my mobile while i go dry my hair?'

'Sure mum' I agreed

'Good boy' Mum said patting my arm as she ran up the stairs and out of sight, a moment later i heard the loud hum of the hair dryer.

Dad groaned and stopped looking on the counter and walked over to the table and started lifting the chairs up, he was about to lift up the table when i stopped him

'Dad, Stop!' I said 'Have you looked in your jacket pocket?'

a wave of realisation washed over his face and he ran out of the kitchen, Mum was yelling things down the stairs, but i couldn't hear her over the hair dryer.

Dad trotted back in with his wallet and keys in hand,

'You'll never guess what else i found in my jacket pocket!' he announced

'mums phone?' I asked

'Why yes! how'd you guess that?' He asked before continuing before i could reply 'Good guess lad' He patted my back as he walked towards the table and sat down putting his feet on the table and grabbing the newspaper.

The hairdryer stopped and we were finally able to hear what mum was yelling. It kind of made me wish the hair dryer was still on.

'have you found the car keys yet? what about your wallet? my phone? what are you doing? are you looking for them? have you said good bye to Liam yet? I Think our suitcases have vanished!'

I tried not to laugh, this is why i was so organised, so that this couldn't happen to me.

'Son' dad piped up, i looked at him, he put the paper down and patted the table, i walked over and sank into the chair opposite him.

'Yes?' i prompted

'As you know you're going to be at home with out us'

'i knew' i nodded, frowning wondering where this could possibly be going

'you will instead have Harry and Zayn' he said and i nodded again

'yeah'

'Harry is a troubled boy' dad said seriously, i hid a snort 'Look after him' i laughed

'Yes dad' i said as seriously as i could

'and that Zayn, he's nothing but trouble' I laughed again and didn't press the matter any further

'i am happy to have them here, but i need to clear a few things up with you first' he said 'No cooking! so only fast food until we're back, here's some money' he said opening his wallet and passing me a fair bit, I swear that i act more like a dad than him sometimes.

'Other ground rules?' I asked

'Comfort Harry and listen to his cries for help' I snorted, Harry wasn't that troubled 'Oh and ignore Zayn completely, in fact the hands over ears singing lalala is a great thing to do'

'Dad' i wined

'You may have remembered that you have a sister'

'i have three'

'blimey!' Dad said shaking his head 'i feel bad for your parents' 

'dad' i sighed 'You and mum are my parents'

'Oh right of course, well your mum reminded me that you have a younger sister, she will be staying over at Annie's house, i think it's a friend from school'

'it's the old woman down the street' i replied rolling my eyes

'lovely' dad said as mum started walking down the stairs humming to herself as she did her make up and put on her shoes. She tripped two steps up from the bottom.

'And make that a lesson to us all Liam, not to try putting high-heeled shoes on while walking down the stairs'

'yes dad, because i always wear high heeled shoes' I mumbled. Mum was laughing at herself, which in turn made me laugh. Mum was such a happy and good willed person.

'Here are some emergency numbers, just incase' Mum said as she put a piece of paper by the phone.

'it even has 999 on it' Dad piped up

'see you on Monday evening' Mum said kissing my cheek

'Bye mum, bye dad!' i said as dad patted my back as he passed me, i stood up and followed them to the front door. they walked out. I picked up dads jacket, keys and wallet. The door opened and i handed them over to my dad who took them sheepishly,

'good bye lad' He said as the door closed, i went back into the kitchen and watched as the car backed out of the drive and disappeared onto the street.

'Finally' i breathed grinning. i walked into the living-room and slumped onto the sofa awaiting the arrival of my best friends Harry and Zayn.