-Zayn-

English had finished. I'd got a B, my letters were of a reasonable length and i was writing a lot more than most people, yet i looked too bored by it. Truth was i was. I wanted a pen-pal who i could communicate with more, form a bond with. But i got someone as stubborn as me. I think we're too alike. 

I walked towards the Geography room five minutes after the bell had sounded after going to the toilet. i swung the door open and walked in spotting a seat by Liam i walked towards it,

'Nice of you to finally join us Mr Malik.' He said to me with a sigh i stopped and looked at him, i bet he'd only got here a minute before me the hypocrite.

'NIce to be here' i said with a smirk as i moved to my seat again, Mr Hobley loved to torment me, so i dished it out as much as he did. He was old fat and looked like a hippo. 

'just one second' Hobalong said

'yes?' i asked as the classes attention turned to me

'i expect this class for you to pay attention' he sneered

'ok' I snorted, turning back to the chair about to take a step closer

'i expect you to do work' he continued and i stopped again and laughed, i turned to him

'what else would i be doing? growing potato's?'

'enough of your cheek Mr Malik, you have already disrupted this class enough by being late, go and sit down'

'I was trying to but you kept talking to me!' I reasoned

'Sit down mate' Liam said 

'Idiot' i muttered as i sat by Liam

'What was that Zayn?' Hobley said frowning

'Nothing' I snorted picking up a bit of paper and doodling on it.

'You're wasting paper by doing that' hobalong said after writing the task on the black board.

'Because paper doesn't grow on trees' I growled, Harry snorted along with Olly, Josh and Ed. Liam chuckled but stopped at the look of loathing on Mr Hobleys face.

'enough! report to Mr Higgins office, now!'

'with pleasure' i growled standing up making my chair crash to the floor, and i walked out of the classroom. Slamming the door on the way out.

i walked down the hall kicking the floor at times before i reached the Heads office, i knocked on the door.

'Come in' Came a deep voice, i opened the door and stepped inside.

'Hi Paul' i sighed

'Zayn, nice to see you again. Tea?' he asked 

'I'd love one' I nodded

He stood up and walked over to the cups and started to fiddle with them. 

'How's your arm?' He questioned

'It's alright, but really itchy' I said looking down at my cast

'Not hurting too much?' He asked

'No, it's fine'

'That's good, So why are you here this time then?' He asked as he stirred the mug.

'Mr Hobely was winding me up and i snapped' I sighed, he walked back over and placed the tea in front of me. i nodded my thanks.

'Zayn you really need to stop getting into trouble' He said

'I can't help it' I said frowning 'since- since dad's gone i haven't been in the right place, nothing seems to matter to me anymore' 

'i know how tough this must be on you, i too lost my dad at a young age. You know i'm always here if you need to talk about it. Your father and i were close and i have stories i can tell you about him when we were at school together' He smiled at me, i took a gulp of tea

'Thanks, sir' I forced a smile.

'Where are you and your family staying at the moment?' He asked after a moments pause where he pushed a plate of biscuits towards me, i refused

'Mum and my sisters are at my aunties house, it's close enough to their school. I'm staying with Liam' I answered, he nodded thoughtfully.

'I talked to the police, they are still running the forensics trying to find evidence' Paul said patting my back, i downed the rest of my tea and placed the mug on the desk,

'What will happen if they find Chris to be guilty?' 

'I suppose he would go to a young offenders institute for assault and arson' Paul said

'Sir, Geography is about to end, could i go wait outside for Liam and Harry now?' I asked

'Ah, Mr Styles is back and in good health?' He asked eating a biscuit

'He seems to be just like himself' i nodded

'That's excellent!'

'So can i go?' i asked

'Yes, and i expect you here for lunch tomorrow, just a small punishment too keep Mr Hobley at ease'

'Yes, Sir' I said standing up and giving him a small smile

'Bye Zayn' He smiled

'Bye Paul' I nodded before walking out of the office and off towards the front of the school. I sat down on a low wall that ran around the school, that Harry always managed to fall over.

i still had five minutes before the bell so i grabbed some paper. And wrote a letter to Perrie.

Perrie,

I've had a lot on my mind, had to help my mum and sisters move to my aunts house. I've had a lot of interrogations by the police.

Liam's dad follows me around his house, it's quite weird. I'm staying with Liam. It's like he doesn't trust me. And he keeps going on about how Harry is a misunderstood soul that needs to be pampered. He's Crazy.

I went to Dad's grave the other day, for the first time. it was quite emotional for me. It's hard too because i'm not with my family, i miss them and i know that deep down. All of this is my fault. 

It was meant to be a small party, mum said a small one, but it wasn't. 

My arm is annoying me so much, it itches so much, i tried itching it with a fork, but the fork got stuck in the cast, and i only just managed to get it out before school. 

Typical of my luck? i got thrown out of Geography because i was cheeky. That idiot is always trying to get under my skin. got a 'Detention' Tomorrow lunch, it'll just be me sitting in Paul's office drinking tea and eating biscuits. Paul and my family go way back, he went to school with dad and met mum through dad at university.

Hows everything with you? Did you beat Cher up?

Do you have any siblings? what's your favorite colour? all of that sort of stuff, I feel like we hardly know each other. Harry and Liam both have gotten to know their Pen-Pal really well. We didn't start out too well though.

I'm a sarcastic git when i'm grumpy or tired.

Zayn 

I'm sorry for the wait, i had last minute college essays to write... but here are two chapters to make up for me being a lousy author.... hope you like it

please comment, i'd prefer comments on your thought than anything... 

Thanks for reading

Lana