Part 16

Yuya's PoV

Toss, turn, repeat. That's all I've done since I've laid down to sleep. I can't help but wonder, I wonder if I was too harsh on Yuto and let me talk to me properly. Emi says I said express my feelings to properly start the healing process. I sighed, the other thing I wonder is Yugo's words, Perhaps a date with me will help you move on.

I'd be crazy not too, although I'd be crazier if I did. He's Yuto's younger brother after all. If invited him to my birthday party as a friend, though he wants more and my heart pounded rapidly at the thought. I don't think I like Yugo that way. Do I? I mean I just broke up with Yuto a week ago. Well tomorrow I turn 16, I wonder if Yuto will still be there. I turned to my phone looking for his number. I groaned as I realised, I deleted all existent of Yuto from my phone! His number his photos, his sweet texts. Damnit it! Maybe I can get Emi to ask crow, maybe Yugo can get in contact with him?

I turned back around, hugging my pillow close. I should just sleep for now. No point worrying about it now.

——

I yawned, stretching it my arms as I entered the kitchen. I was brought to full alertness as Party poppers went off over my head. "Happy birthday Yuya!" Emi and mom chimed.

Mom grabbed me ushering me over to the table, where a stack of pancakes had already been laid out for me and presents piled up like a fort. "You guys didn't have too," I laughed.

"We wanted to," mom chimed placing more pancakes on the table. "So eat your breakfast then we can head out to the bowling alley. I got the special section booked for today just for my little man."

I laughed, mom and Emi were trying everything to make today special for me. Suddenly I heard bells coming into the kitchen, looking to the door was a herd of cats and dogs mom rescued of the years and attached to the bulldog was a birthday card. "Thanks Spud."

——
Yuto's POV

I sighed looking back at the present bag that sat on my dresser. I hadn't been able to get out of bed as of yet, still thinking about Yuya. I broke his heart, so I deserved to have mine broken in return. I clutched at my chest, I was truly a terrible person to him but I couldn't help but fall for him. To be he was perfect wonderful and I wanted nothing but to make him smile. But all I did was take it away. His words rang through my head - never see me again!

How can I not want to see you Yuya, especially on your sixteenth birthday. I want so desperately to share this day with you. I heard the door creak open slightly, not wanting to be bothered I hid my face deeper into the quilt. "Y-Yuto," it was Lulu. I felt the bed move as she sat down. "You can't stay here forever." I remained silent. "Look, I know where Yuya's party is, the least you should do today is give him his present."

"He doesn't want to see me," I said with a sniffle. "He hates me and I don't deserve to see him."

"Oh don't give up so easily!" Lulu screamed ripping the blanket away from me. "You have a chance of love here Yuto, I'm sure that the King will see this and can at least let you choose who you want. He had three kids for crying out loud!" I sat up, refusing to look at her. She let out a growl grabbing by cheeks, forcing my eyes to meet hers. "Things can change if you do something about it! If you love Yuya I'll take you to that party, you can pour your heart out and we take it from there."

"But he-"

"He's wants to see you!" Lulu interrupted. "Emi told me so. She says the part starts at 13:00 so why don't we get there and you can start fresh. Again."

I felt my heart flutter, he does want to see me? I guess we can talk it out and if I can, I can convince dad to call off the marriage. He can marry off Yugo or Yuri instead. I smiled and gave a small nod. Lulu giggled going to my wardrobe and began going through my outfits. "Let's make you look handsome."

——

I stood outside the bowling alley, waiting for Emi and Lulu to bring Yuya out to me. "Yuto?" I turned to see Yuya, his eyes slightly watery. He tried to turn and run but Lulu and Emi blocked his way. Emi smirked as she turned him around and pushed him into me. "Why?"

I took a deep breathe, trying to hold in the nerves as I held out the gift bag. "Happy Birthday!" I blushed. "Whether you want me here or not doesn't change that I still have feelings for you and wanted to give you a present."

I saw as Yuya blushed too and took the bag from me. I smiled as he sat in the near by bench, carefully opening the gift that was inside. I watched as tears started to fall from his face. It was a stuff Odd Eyes I had made with a gold chain around its neck with the day we met on it. I knelt down in front of Yuya, taking his chin into my hand. "I love you," I whispered. "You may not believe me but I do. I don't want this stupid engagement and I I promise that I will get it cancelled and you and I will be together."

"You love me?" Yuya chocked and I nodded. "I love you too."

That's all I needed and so I leant forward, kissing him hard.