Part 29

Yuto’s POV

I sighed sitting on the window bench of my room. It’s been three days since we entered King Yuusho’s, well Yuya’s father’s palace. We’ve learnt much but also have more questions than before. We were taken to the side and told about how we’re to be kept here from ‘father’s’ reach as he plans to use our powers. What they are, I’m not sure? 

The fact that that man I've believed to be my father isn’t was the hardest thing to take in. Yugo seemed the most distraught as it means, we’re not really brothers. Yuri on the other hand, well he just accepted it. Saying he knew something was off, that he never really felt close to us as a brother. More like a friend.

The hardest thing is I've not been allowed near Yuya these past three days. I was told by Shay that until Dark Rebellion was returned to be, I would endanger Yuya for some reason or another. This is ridiculous! How am I meant to cope with all this information?

I just, I just want to live normally. Go to school, go on date’s with Yuya and have a real family. I grunted, deciding to just go to bed. Some sleep can't be all bad for me.

I’m not sure where I am when I next open my eyes. I’m in what I assume is a living room. Looking around, it’s small and has a homely feel. It feels like, well, home to me.  As I walked along the room, I placed my hand on the nearby oak table. I feel like I've sat at the table before.  “Oh Yuto,” I gasped hearing a high-pitched voice behind me. Turning, I saw a woman with blonde bangs, similar to my own and long brunette hair laughing. 

I froze, why can’t I move? I watched as the woman walked towards me, still laughing. What is she going to do to me? I closed my eyes, expecting an impact. When nothing came, I was confused. I opened my eyes, seeing she was kneeling looking, right through me? Am I invisible? I stepped to the side, and bent down to look in the direction she was. My eyes widened, there was a small child underneath the table giggling. “That’s me,” I whispered. I feel back in horror.

“Mommy found me,” The young me laughed running into the woman’s arms. “I thought I hid pretty well this time.”

“Silly Yuto,” The woman nuzzled his nose with her own. “I will always find my baby boy. No matter where you go.”

“Promise?”

I felt tears well up in my eyes. This woman, she’s my mother. I watched as her direction turned to me. This time, it’s felt as if she knew I was here. I watched as our surrounds melted away and the younger version of me vanished. The woman opposite me, tears now in her eyes too. “See,” She started. “I’ll always find you Yuto. Have you finally remembered me?”

I reached out my hands touching her face. “Mom,” I asked and she nodded. “I could I-”

“Zarc did this to you,” She interrupted. “He took you and erased your memories of me, blocking me out of your life so I couldn’t see you. Yuya must have made this possible.”

“Y-yuya?” I stuttered.

“He’s a very special boy,” She nodded. “More special then maybe even I realised. Listen Yuto, I need you to be strong for me.”

“But mom, how can I be?” I muttered. “I won't have you, or Yuya. In fact, where are you?”

“Yuusho provided me shelter,” She stated. “So, don’t worry. When the time comes, I'll be back with you. Though for now, you have to be strong and remember who you are. Remember how much your care for you friends and how you accept people for who they are. And remember, you are a strong duellist.”

I woke up, breathing heavily, tears streaming down my cheeks. I pulled my knees up to my chest as I continued to cry. That was my real mother. The woman who raised me until I was young. Memories continued to flood back to me, all the times she tucked me into bed, read me stories and baked with me. “Mommy.”

I’m strong. She reminded me of that and I realise, I can’t let people just hold me back like this. I wiped the tears from my eyes, before leaving my room. The first thing I want to do is hold Yuya. I know I’ve been forward with him recently but it’s because I don’t want to lose him. I feel like I was meant to meet him and being without him, my heart hurts. Like he’s another part of me. I’m seeing Yuya, no matter what anyone says. I threw open the door only to be see an interesting site. Suzuha had someone held to the floor, face down and arms pinned to their back. “What in the world?” I yelled.

“W-what’s going on?” I looked up, seeing a sleepy Yuya rubbing his eyes.  My heart fluttered as I ran over and hugged him. It feels like it's been forever since I've seen him. “Hi Yuto. Um, think you can tell me what’s happening?”

“This intruder tried to sneak into Yuri’s room,” Suzuha growled tightening her grip.

“She’s not an intruder,” We looked up seeing Yuri emerge from his room. “She’s my sister.”