Part 17

Yuto's POV

I've forgotten how soft Yuya's lips are. I didn't expect him to kiss me back, nor did I expect him to say he loved me. He pulled away from me and placed his forehead on mine. "I'm so sorry I was mean to you," he cried. I smiled, sitting next to him on the bench and wrapping my arms around him. "I should have let you talk first."

I shuck my head. "I should have told you," I admitted. "It one of those where I got so caught up in you, I forgot about the rest of the world."

Yuya blushed deeper, letting out an "aw" at my small confession. "But you know," He started. "I think we shouldn't restart our relationship yet." I was shocked. Why is he saying all this to me? "I think you should wait until the engagement is called off but I'm not going to wait forever."

That's a fair statement. Imagine if a year down the line, I'm still not able to cancel the engagement then I've lead Yuya along a dead-end path way. "Okay, then I promise, by the end of the Acr League, I Yuto, will have the engagement cancelled so that we can be together." Yuya nodded in agreement. "However," his ears perked up. "If you find someone before I am able to do that, I won't be upset. If they love you and can give you more than me, then I'll be happy for you."

"I'll be happy when we're together," Yuya smiled grabbing my hand. "But okay, that's the deal then."

Once we talked everything out, we agreed to be friends for the time being and once the party was over, then I would start the discussion with my mother and father in hopes to cancel the engagement. Yuya blushed as he invited me to stay for the party, as I have no royal duties, I happily accepted. As much as we wanted to hold hands, we restrained ourselves. "Mom, Yuto and Lulu are staying for the party," Yuya informed his mother and she simply smiled. I guess I'll have to get her official blessing soon. I must admit Yoko pulled out all the stops for this party as she had a VIP booth booked. She advised it was because we could hide away from the public and this was planned on the intention of me attending.

"Happy birthday Yuya," That voice, its Yugo. I let out a small growl as he hugged Yuya tightly. Yugo was accompanied by Rin and Crow for the day it seemed.

"Yeah, happy birthday bud," Crow said patting his back. "Thanks for letting us come."

"Well what's a party without friends," Yuya laughed and the others laughed too.

I let out a small chuckle too, fake of course. For Yuya's sake, I have to keep the peace with Yugo to allow him to enjoy his day. I watched silently as Yuya walked off with Crow and Rin to introduce Rin to the rest of his friends while Yugo now wrapped his arm around me. "I thought you two broke up," He was blunt. "So, what's this then?"

"I'm here as his friend," I growled removing his arm from me.

"Oh, so I have a chance," He grinned with a fist pump.

"No," I smirked. "Once the Arc League is over, Yuya will be mine once again. I'm calling off the engagement." Yugo let out a small 'hmph' and wished me luck.

--

The rest of the day went by quickly. Even Yugo wasn't able to ruin my mood today. AFter the party had finished, everyone went their separate ways. Yoko advised that she and Emi would stay behind to clean, as per the agreement with the bowling alley. Lulu kindly offered to help too so I offered to take Yuya home, before Yugo could get the chance. The walk back to Yuya's was quiet and somehow as the journey progressed, Yuya grabbed hold of my hand like before.

As we entered the house we both felt the tension, yes were not a couple right now but that doesn't stop the feeling of wanting to hold him. "Y-Yuto," Yuya murmured hiding into my chest. "Think we can sit and hold each other for a while?" I couldn't help but blush. "If you don't want to-"

"No, I want to," I assured him leading him to the sofa. "After today I won't be able to do this until the Arc League is over, so I want to hold you."

With that said and done, I sat on the sofa with my back against the arm and Yuya sat facing me his legs draped over mine. We both hesitated before moving our lips against the other's. I felt Yuya's arms move around my neck so in response I snaked mine around his waist. When I felt brave enough, I ran my tongue along his bottom lip, I felt him quiver and give me access. Yuya, I don't know how to begin telling you my feelings. Please say you feel them through this kiss. I felt his tongue dance with mine, we take turns feeling each other's mouth's and I discover something new that made me smirk into the kiss. Yuya is ticklish on the roof of his mouth. "Yu-yuto," He moaned moving his hands to my chest. "I don't want this to end."

"Me neither," I panted. "But I promise, soon, you and I can do this every day."