Part 20

Yuya's POV
"Odd Eyes special ability kicks in dealing double the damage!" I jumped up as my duel disk recorded the win. One more step into getting into the finals.

Silvio groaned and stomped his feet in a mini tantrum before storming off. Jeez what a baby. I laughed as I went looking for my friends in their games. I was in Zone A at the moment, I could go see the youth division but I think Yuto's match is soon and I want to watch it. "Yuya," I cringed knowing that voice. It's Yugo. He wrapped an arm around me pulling me close. "That was an awesome win."

"T-thanks," I stuttered. "How was your first game?"

He shrugged as if he was a big man. "Naturally I won," He gloated. "I wished you were watching me though."

"We'll it's rotten luck we were in the same time bracket," I gave a smile. I actually wouldn't have minded watching Yugo's duel. He's syncro techniques are truly amazing. "Do you know where Yuto's first game is?"

He gave a pout and crossed him arms. Honestly what should I expect we he tried to ask me out on a date. "Zone 3," He mumbled. "Starts in ten minutes."

"Why don't we go together?" I offered and he perked back up, only slightly. He grabbed my hand and dragged me to the area.

I let out a small "eep" as he came to a standstill. Yuto was already preparing for his game. I gave him a small wave which he returned before shooting daggers at Yugo. Family huh? "Go Yuto." I cheered holding my hands to my chest. I saw him blush slightly, making me giggle. He's so cute.

Yuto gathered a big crowd as his duel continued. "Next I use my monsters to create the overlay network," He exclaimed as the network appeared I was amazed. "Cloaked in shadows, appear Dark Rebellion XYZ Dragon!"

My eyes fixated on his dragon. This was my first-time laying eyes on it yet, it looked so familiar to me. I gasped as my duel disk started to glow. I took out the card, it was Odd Eyes. Was Odd eyes reacting to Dark Rebellion. The duel was over as I watched my Odd Eyes dim down it's glow. What just happened? I looked up Yuto had won, no surprise really.

Yuto looked over to me with a big smile. I waved and ushered him over. I placed my Odd Eyes back into my deck, suddenly I felt Yuto's arms around me. I blushed deeply before wrapping my arms around him. "You were awesome," I sighed happily. 

"Thanks for coming to see me," Yuto whispered in my ear.

We heard Yugo cough and tore away from each other. I giggled seeing Yuto had a small blush as he adverted his eyes. Poor Yuto. The silence was interrupted by the bell signalling the second round. "Good luck," I whispered in his ear, sneaking in a kiss on the cheek before running off.

I could hear Yugo moaning as I continued to find my next field. My opponent was from the idol school. Man, there hard to watch never mind duel. But they won't it duel me!

"Woo," Lunch time! I cheered as i meet up with mom in the picnic area. Yuzu followed suit, Selena by her side. The three of us had made it to the next round of tomorrow's tournament.

I hope Yuto's made it too. I sent him a text telling him where to meet me, hopefully I didn't distract him from anything. I felt hands over my hands, making me jump a little bit laughing. "Yuto," I took his hands from mine, leaning in and giving him a small head butt. "Meanie."

"Okay love birds cut it out." Shay laughed as he came from behind Yuto. He turned to my mum giving a bow, "thank you for inviting us for food."

"The more the merrier," my mom laughed. Speaking of merrier. We could hear cheering coming towards us. Turning we saw Suzuha carting Nate on her shoulders and Allie on Emi's shoulders as they cheered. Ray was with them Carrying bags of sweets and Fredrick dancing as they walked. 

"Guess whose made it to the semi finals of the junior league?" Ray asked as she placed the sweets down.

"We did," Allie and Nate cheered.

"Oh congrats guys," I cheered giving them big hugs. The junior league was quicker then the Senior league, due to the age of the kids it was done in a day. "I'm very proud of you, like Skip will be too."

Emi pouted and crossed her arms. "Because my duels are in the evening I can't cheers for you guys," she moaned. 

"I'll cheer enough to the to of us," I assured. "I'm sure Yuto will help to."

"Naturally I couldn't miss it," Yuto smiled.

"Then whose cheering for me?" Emi sobbed. I laughed as I noticed Crow walk up behind her placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I'll take care of that part," he smirked. "After all I'm already in tomorrow too!"

Suzuha laughed as she hugged Emi, "I'll be there for you too," she rubbed her cheek against Emi's.

"Aw, you guys are awesome!" 

Yuto tugged in my sleeves slightly. He leant into my ear, "Want to go off for a bit?"

I blushed deeply and nodded. I can't keep letting him do this. But I do have the chance to talk about the marriage.

——
We entered the bathroom, closing the stall and locking it behind us. "My father is talking to the girl's parents and offering Yuri to them instead," he said with a smile. "As long as they marry one of the princes in theory it should work."

"Oh Yuto," I nearly cried. While having Yuri put in the position wasn't great for him it meant Yuto was free. "But Yuri-"

"He likes anything that moves!" Yuto laughed. "So for him this is fine. Perfect even!"

I felt tears leave my cheeks. I've not felt this happy in years. "Thank you for fighting for me," I choked.