Part 22

Emi's POV

The night of the first day, all the contestants who had made it to the second round were provide a room to stay the night. I was allowed to share a room with Yuya, Yuzu shared with Ray and Yugo and Yuto had to share, which makes Yuya worried of any potential blood baths. I sighed looking at my brother lying on his stomach going through his phone. "I'm going down to the gym for now," I advised about to leave. "You know my food order, right?"

"Sure, go let off some steam," He grinned and with that I left.

There's a gym and a communal area in the build block, amazingly this place is packed full of things to do. I found the treadmill that was underneath the air con, placing my water bottle in the holder and my gym bag next to the wall. I plugged my ear phones into the port, placing on the news before starting the equipment up. I started off at a slow pace, trying to get a rhythm. After a while, im not sure how long ive been running for, but I begin to hear something faint behind me. "EMI!" I jumped tripping over my feet and the treadmill taking me to the end and landing on the floor. The ear phones ripping from my head. I looked up. Shay? "About time you responded!"

"I was plugged in," I groaned sitting up. Shay turned off the machine for me, before taking a seat on the floor. "What brings you down here?"

"I was looking for you," He smirked patting my head like a child. "Yuya said you've been feeling pretty guilty about the Yuri thing." I frowned, yes, I was feeling guilty. I hated this feeling too. I overheard Yugo and Yuto say they couldn't get hold of Yuri and that it wasn't like him to not be near his phone. I wondered if his defeat lead to him being punished by their farther. "Don't worry about it." I looked up at Shay who had stopped patting my head. "I get it you feel bad but it's royal duties probably pulling him away. Yuri is a tough kid. I know, I broke up the fights between him and Yugo enough."

I let out a small laugh at the image of a little Shay breaking up the fights between a little Yugo and Yuri. "I just can't help but worry about those boys," I admitted with a heavy sigh. "Yuto feels like family to me and as annoying as Yugo can be, he has a big heart. You, Crow, Lulu, Rin, you've become a part of our little family and I don't want to see anyone get hurt."

"That's awfully sweet of you." Shay nearly gagged at the sweetness. "Lulu really likes you. She said she felt comfortable around you and Yuya too."

"I guess it's the little bit of me I got from my dad," I started to mess with my hair in a nervous matter. My dad always told me about how my smile was brighten up a room. If you were to write my name, the characters also mean smile. Dad was cheesy but he loved Yuya and I so much. "I wish I knew where he went. I feel like he can help Yuya better than I can right now. You know 'the talk' is not that easy with a brother'."

Shay just laughed as I'm sure it's a similar thing he had with Lulu. "You're brutally honest about that," He stated leaning back and resting on his hands. "I had to talk to Yuto because his father is a waste of space. When he met Yuka I had to try and calm down his ever unleashing hormones."

We both laughed together for a while until the gym doors opened up. "Well this looks cosy," The boy, around our age had silver hair and blue eyes. He wore a grey suit also. This guy is Aster Pheonix from the fusion kingdom. "My apologies, I fancied a quick work out and didn't realise I'd have company."

This guy is scary. He made it to round two with ease. Honesty, his abilities scare me more than anyone's in this whole competition. "Don't worry we'll be on our way," Shay said dragging me to stand up with him. "grab your bag Emi and let's go."

He began to leave without me so I quickly grabbed my belongings before dashing out the building. "Yuto!" I looked up, Yugo, Yuya and Crow where all shouting for Yuto. Yuya, panic in his eyes. "Sis, Yuto, we can't find him."

"When I woke up Yuto was gone," Yugo continued with worry in his eyes. "His phone was left by his bed and the door was wide open."

"Emi, go with Yuya I'll go with Yugo," Shay ordered us.

"I'll go with Emi and Yuya," Crow advised and we all nodded, moving quickly in our retrospective groups. Crow placed a hand on Yuya's shoulder as we walked around the outskirts of the building. "Yuto will be fine. I'm sure of it kiddo."

"Crow's right," I assured. "Yuto is strong. I'm sure he took his duel disk in case he ran into trouble."

Yuya nodded as he ran a head again. Poor thing, I'm sure just earlier the two of them talked happily on the phone. The only thing on Yuto's mind that could worry him is Yuri but I'm sure Shay was looking into that for him. "Hey Emi," Crow called me, waving a hand in front of my face. I really need to stop spacing out. "there's something else. When I went to get Ryo for help, he wasn't in his room. His duel disk was gone too."

I gasped. Ryo? Surely, he couldn't be involved in this? Since that night, I've been thinking about the type of guy Ryo was, I didn't feel safe around him. Not like how Crow makes me feel. In fact, he made me uneasy. That night on the park, I found out from Gong that Ryo never actually went to the Dojo. "Crow," I sighed taking his hand. "What if Ryo isn't who he says he is." He tried to speak but I interrupted him. "I mean doesn't it seems suspicious."

"Yeah I know," He smiled gripping my hand back. I suddenly blushed as I realised what I was doing. Oh god, were meant to be looking for Yuto.

I whipped my hand back. "Sorry, that was inappropriate."

"Yuto!" Yuya scream bringing us back to reality. He hurried over to where Yuya was. I gasped, Yuto was in his arms, almost like he'd been in a battle to the death. Crow ran over taking Yuto onto his back. Next to them was Ryo, also looking like he had taken a beating. "While I was out, I heard a scream," He explained. He continued to explain that he was able to jump in on the gang who was attacking Yuto and got him away.

"We'll take it from here.," Crow advised, Yuya following close behind as they walked to get Yuto medical attention.

"I better follow them," I mumbled to Ryo. I gave him a slight bow, thanking him for finding Yuto before following suit. I don't think it's a coincidence that Ryo was there. I shouldn't jump to conclusions but whatever is going on here, I'll get to the bottom of it. For Yuya's safety.