12 - You're Jealous, Not Angry

Out of the few days that Hyungwon has known him, he's gathered three things about Kihyun: He doesn't like taking no for an answer, he knows how talented he is without anyone having to tell him, and he enjoys taking care of others. 

The last trait Hyungwon had noticed is confirmed as Kihyun refuses to let the younger pay for their food. Art 101 ended only an hour earlier and now they're standing at one of the various on-campus restaurants, trying to get some food to-go.

"Hyungwon, no. I'm paying," Kihyun states, facing away from the younger and back towards the cashier. Hyungwon tries to protest again, but Kihyun has already paid for their order before he can get another word out. 

"Hyung," Hyungwon groans, rolling his eyes at the older's actions. "Why didn't you let me pay? My food was expensive."

"Did you just call me 'hyung'?" Kihyun asks, completely ignoring the younger's question. He thanks the cashier as she hands them the bag containing their meals.

"Oh," Hyungwon starts. "I'm sorry, it just kind of slipped out-"

"No, it's okay!" Kihyun reassures him as they walk out of the restaurant and towards the older's dorm. "I feel like I've known you my entire life even though it's only been, like, three days. It'd be weird if we weren't that close."

Hyungwon nods, feeling better after knowing that he doesn't seem weird to Kihyun. 

- - -

Kihyun's dorm room is spotless. It almost shocks Hyungwon, but then he remembers Kihyun's mother-like instincts and he isn't so surprised. It smells fresh.

"Wow," Hyungwon utters, looking around the room. "You live alone?" He questions, noticing only one bed tucked away in the corner of the room.

"Yeah, I do," Kihyun starts, leading Hyungwon into the kitchen. They sit down at the small table and Kihyun passes out the food. Between bites, the older speaks up again.

"I couldn't stand how sloppy my roommate was last year. Really, it was out of control," Kihyun grimaces, looking disgusted at the thought of how messy his past roommate was. "I cleaned up after him everyday because I couldn't stand the mess, but all he ever did was sit and play Overwatch on his laptop. He hardly ever even went to class."

Hyungwon shakes his head in disapproval. "That really sucks."

"Yeah," Kihyun sighs. "I enjoy cleaning, though, so I didn't mind at first. It was just the repetitiveness that wore me out."

"Wha- You like cleaning?"

"Yeah," Kihyun admits, laughing a bit. "It's a bit weird, I know. It just helps me let out stress."

"Well, if you ever want to clean my dorm room, feel free," Hyungwon states, remembering how messy the place has gotten due to both he and Minhyuk never being around much to pick up after themselves. 

"Really?" Kihyun pipes up, eyes large. "I'd love to."

Hyungwon laughs as he nods. "You can clean my roommate clear out of the room too, if you want."

Kihyun takes another bite before responding. "You don't like your roommate?" He questions, raising his eyebrows slightly.

"Can't stand him," Hyungwon says simply, ignoring the tightness he feels in his chest as he says those words. I don't like him. I don't like him. I don't like him.

"Oh," Kihyun murmurs, nodding slowly. "What's his name?"

"Lee Minhyuk."

Kihyun's eyes almost bulge out of his head. He almost chokes on his food (the younger is repetitively asking if he's okay), but he manages to finally swallow his last bite.