Chapter 1

WARNING(S): OCC's, Parent!bashing, depressing!thoughts, suicidal!tendencies,

NOTES: "Japanese" - "Italian" - 'Thinking' - *Tsuna's eye speak*

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Katekyo Hitman Reborn. Amano Akira does. I just own this story.

  --------------------------  

[7 years later ~ Namimori Japan, Sawada Residence]

Sawada Nana hummed happily while cooking breakfast for her son, Ienari. She wished that her husband, Iemitsu would be with them as well but he was working overseas as a construction worker. And, it was only because of him that they were well off financially.

However, unbeknownst to her, Iemitsu was working for the mafia, as the boss of CEDEF of the Vongola Famiglia, the strongest mafia family in history.

(There were many times that Iemitsu wanted to tell his wife and son the truth but didn't want them to get them in trouble or worry too much.)

"Na-kun! Breakfast is ready!"

"Coming!" Ienari called from his room she heard a door loudly open and hurried steps thundered down the stairs.

"Good morning Na-kun! Now remember, don't get too dirty while playing soccer," Nana smiled as she ran her hand through his son's hair. Her son was growing up so fast - he was so reliable and independent! Just like-

"Aw, but mom, how can I do my best then? Unlike Dame-Tsuna, I am the ace star of the soccer team!"

Nana giggled, "Of course, good luck!"

While both mother and son were bonding, a brunet, who looked the total opposite of Ienari, came down the stairs and sat far away from his family. It was then he noticed that his mother had forgotten to make his breakfast again.

Sighing, Sawada Tsunayoshi aka Tsuna, went to prepare his own toast. Usually, he would have already left but today was special day. A very special day and Tsuna didn't wanted to miss it. Like at all.

"Ah, that's right Na-kun! I called in a home tutor!" his mother suddenly called out and he could only wait patiently for the possible confrontation. Come to think of it, the last that had happened was-

"What?! Mom, I don't need a home tutor!"

"Demo ne Na-kun, there was flyer in the mail today for a new home tutor! It says that he'll make your children the leader of the next generation! Isn't that nice, Na-kun? Besides, Iemitsu was the one who sent it!"

Ienari's condescending tone could be heard, "Why did dad send me a tutor? I'm already acing all my tests!"

"Na-kun!"

"Mom, it's a scam! Besides, I don't even need a home tutor, Dame-Tsuna does!" he says while pointing his finger at his older brother, who was silently observing the pair with a toast in his mouth.

(Later, Ienari will deny it but he could swear he saw a hint of amusement in those eyes. And for some reason, he was scared.)

"Na-kun, at least do it for me?" his mother pleaded but it had no effect on the younger twin.

"Please tell me you didn't accept."

Dead silence.

If Tsuna had decided to suddenly make any noise, he would have certainly laughed. "Mom? You didn't call, did you?" Ienari asked.

"I thought it would be nice..." Came their mother's absent-minded reply.

"Mom! Don't be so naïve!" Ienari exploded childlishly.