Chapter 16

NOTES: "Japanese" |'Thinking'  | [Written Text]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Katekyo Hitman Reborn. Amano Akira does.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Clang!

"Hmm, it seems he's putting in some effort today," Fon mildly commented as he watched the heir of Vongola spar against Dino.

Reborn huffed a breath but didn't say anything else.

"You told him," Fon said.. though it seemed the martial artist was.. pouting?

The hitman shrugged, "He needed to know."

"That is true."

Clang!

Swish!

"Do you think he'll improve?" Fon said after a moment of silence.

"Yes," Reborn said. "But he'll never be able to defeat Xanxus."

"Oh?"

"Xanxus hasn't done anything for 4 years after his sudden escape from the ice prison," Reborn said. "He definitely hasn't been sitting down doing nothing. Not only that, he has experience that Ienari does not."

"Your student would not be happy."

And Reborn was pleased to note that Fon looked rather pleased to the idea. He only needed to say a small part of his plan and the storm was quick to jump in the wagon.

Fon didn't even seem to care about why he was doing it! He knew he liked Fon for a reason.

Reborn cackled. His no-good student would truly get the shock of a lifetime!

He thought back to the conversation he had with Ienari.

[Flashback]

Ienari panicked, "B-but can't you ask the Vongola Ninth to i-increase the date?"

"No."

"No?!"

Usually, Ienari would have confidence in his abilities but against this Xanxus? Not only did he sound strong but even Reborn was acknowledging it. He gritted his teeth as a certain encounter came to him mind. 'Did that woman belong to him?'

He glared at Reborn, who was now sipping coffee as though this was a perfectly normal conversation. "Why not?!"

"Because," Reborn glared at Ienari who froze on the spot. "It was Cielo Nascosto who set the rules, not Nono."

"Cielo Nascosto?" and the confusion was present in his voice. Reborn could only sigh.

"Yes, Cielo Nascosto," he nodded. "The world's best hacker that can hack anywhere."

"But why would a hacker set the rules? Isn't the boss supposed to?"

"Having an alliance with Cielo Nascosto is more important that your fight with the other heir," Reborn said bluntly. "Vongola needs his help."

"...Is that why you wanted me to gather my guardians?" Ienari said slowly. His mind whirling with all the possibilities to become the Decimo.

Reborn merely nodded, "That's right. Either way, you have no choice but to train."

Ienari gulped as the hitman's eyes suddenly glowed yellow, "You will not complain, do you understand?"

The teen could only nod.