Backstory

WARNING(S): OCC's, Parent!bashing, depressing!thoughts, suicidal!tendencies,

NOTES: "Japanese" - "Italian" - 'Thinking' - *Tsuna's eye speak* - [Written Text]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Katekyo Hitman Reborn. Amano Akira does.

--------------------------

[14 Years Ago]

"Congratulations Nana-san, you have just given birth to two healthy twin boys," The doctor said, smiling widely and brightly.

"Iemitsu," she said, gasping. Iemitsu, her husband, smiled at her lovingly and kissed her knuckles. He turned to see the two babies, his heart was already racing and he could feel the excitement and happiness of seeing his children for the first time.

He glanced at them critically, taking in the features of everything before he tried to look deep in their core. His eyes landed on the younger twin who, even if slightly, was exuding Sky flames. He could feel his heart racing and smiled broadly at the younger twin.

He focused on the older twin and frowned as he felt nothing but decided to give the child a chance. After all, it was a bit too early to decide everything.

He grinned widely as the doctor walked towards them with the babies in his arms.

He felt his eyes brighten up and smiled even wider, as he took the younger twin from the doctor's arms.

"I will name him.. Sawada Ienari," Iemitsu breathed out as his attention was on the younger twin, ignoring the giggle that came from the older twin. He gently cuddled him and cooed at the adorable looking child.

"And this one will be Sawada Tsunayoshi," Nana said cheerfully and carried the older twin. Her eyes sparkled in happiness while staring lovingly at Tsuna who smiled innocently and brightly.

She was a bit put off as she noticed Iemitsu hadn't given the older attention yet, but even she could say that she was smitten with the older.

Iemitsu, on the other hand, saw how fragile-looking Tsuna was, and in that moment, he had decided that the flame-less boy wouldn't be able to amount against his younger twin.

--------------------

"Benigno, guess what? My lovely wife birthed to twins!" he gushed happily.

Said person laughed as well, "Really, congratulation!"

Iemitsu hummed, "I can't even begin to describe just how happy I am! God, this is the best day of my life!"

"Of course it should be. Your family grew!"

They made small talk before Iemitsu scowled, "The oldest has no flames though."

Benigno paused before saying, "Oh?"

"Mhm," he said then brightening to say, "But my youngest does and I'm betting that it's Sky Flames too!"

"I see," Iemitsu's friend said thoughtfully. "Well, regardless, it's a bit too early to decide. Why don't you give him a second chance?"

"Alright!" he said happily and after another small conversation, they hung up.

Benigno leaned back in his chair before humming thoughtfully. "The youngest have Sky Flames, huh?"

--------------------

Over the next few months, Iemitsu observed the twins but not once did he feel any kind of flames from the older. He felt disgusted that one of his own wouldn't be able to produce them, and proceeded to focus more on the younger twin.