Day 5: Mermaid AU

Winston's head was spiraling. One minute he was sitting in his small rowboat that he took out in the ocean, the next, he was lying here, blurry vision, fuzzy memory, and a crippling headache to top it all off.

He let out a groan as he forced his eyes open and then forced himself to sit up. His back cracked as he stretched, and he had to stifle a yelp. Winston took in his surroundings, and it only added to his confusion. He was in some sort of cave, lying on a raised, yet flattened rock, like it was meant to be laid on.

His mind began racing. Something, or someone must've taken him here. And he wasn't going to stay here and wait around until they got back. Winston bolted to his feet, stumbling a little. He was still fully clothed, so that was a relief. He noticed a small, sharpened wooden stick lying discarded on the ground, and he picked it up, prepared to use it as a weapon of sorts.

Finally, Winston mustered enough courage to shuffle to the opening of the cave. He was just about to make a mad dash for it, when he ran straight into a sudden wall of flesh. He backed up, and identified it as a...leg? He looked up, and almost screamed, at the sight of a person nearly twice his height!

Suddenly even more motivated to move, Winston was out of there in a flash. He swung the brush out of his way, until he reached the beach. Just as he was about to jump into the water and swim for his life, two forms burst out, sending him backpedaling in surprise. The two rose higher, about the same height as the first man. They then began coming closer, much to Winston's displeasure.

"N-No no no! Stay b-back!" He cried pathetically. He watched as they fully emerged from the water, a long scaly tail where their legs should've been. They were mermen? Mermaids were real?!

"Please, don't be afraid..." One of them spoke up, reaching towards him, but that only made Winston turn on his heel and run.

Well, attempt to...

He turned, and smacked straight into the same tall person that had been at the cave entrance. He was trapped.

"What on earth is going on here?" The tallest one asked. The two mermen shrugged, and at the same time, made several hand motions, and their tails changed into legs in the blink of an eye.

"I-I'd like to kn-know the same thing..." Winston meekly piped up. In an instant, all three sets of eyes were trained on him.

"Right! Our apologies, human. We truly didn't mean to frighten you just now. We just didn't want you to get away." One of the two shorter mermen replied.

"Get away?" Winston repeated, "are you trying to keep me here?!" He became angered at the thought.

"No! No! Shit, wrong choice of words. Let us explain, if you'll come with us back to where you woke up?" The merman asked, staring hopefully down at the human. Winston looked for any sign of deceit in his eyes, and couldn't seem to detect any, so he hesitantly nodded.

~~~~~

"You're telling me a huge wave knocked me and my boat into the water, completely obliterating my boat, and washed me up on your guys' island?" Winston repeated everything the three mermen had told him. They simply nodded in response. Suddenly they all grimaced, and their legs were once again switched back to shiny mermaid tails.

"Dammit..." the tallest one groaned, " we don't have much time left until we have to get back in the water." He informed. He turned to Winston and began studying his features.

"Wow, humans really are smaller closer up..." he murmured. Winston's face went red in embarrassment. He pushed it away, however, and decided to engage in some conversation.

"S-So how tall are you guys?"

The blue tailed one spoke up. "Well, I'm around 15 feet. The name's Dillon by the way. Avery, the red and black tailed one, is just about 13 feet. And Alden here, Mr. Green Tail, is nearly pushing 20 feet." He said the last part with clear jealousy.

"Wow...y-you guys are tall..." Winston breathed.

"Yeah, we get that a lot from the other humans we've saved." Avery shrugged.

"Others? I'm not the only one?" Winston asked.

"No." Alden interjected, "a fair number of you humans have ended up washed up here, but not too many. Maybe you should all stay out of the water, since you don't have tails to swim properly with." He added. Winston rolled his eyes and smiled.

"After this, I might just take your advice. Now, do you think you could help me get back to civilization?" He asked. The three nodded.

"Yeah, but you'll have to spend the night here, since we have to get back to water right about now...see you tomorrow, uhh..."

"Oh! Uh, Winston. My name is Winston." Winston said.

"Alright, see you tomorrow then, Winston." Dillon saluted, before leaving the cave with Alden and Avery. Once they had gone, Winston laughed to himself sitting against one of the walls. Mermen. They were real... What an eventful day.

Oof late again bitch... but hey look we got our last new character, Alden! :D:D:D

Dillon still going strong being in every AU so far looool

Peace out my dudes!✌🏻🍪

P.S. I posted this without proofreading because of my lateness so forgive any possible errors...