Day 23: Soulmate AU (Necklace)

Four out of the five soulmate AUs, one left!

It had all happened so fast. The blaring music of the band, the cheers and shouts of the crowd surrounding him. As Avery was trying to escape all of the noise, he barely registered in time that there was a person right in his path of exit.

He stumbled, yelping as he tripped backwards. The teen he'd nearly plowed into rushed forward, and swooped him up and away, setting him down right on his feet.

"Thanks..." Avery mumbled. The noise was becoming louder, and he started to shake. He brought his hands to his ears, and shook his head. Coming here was a bad idea. Too loud. Too many people.

The other teen led him out to the parking lot, sitting him against the hood of, what Avery assumed to be, his car.

"You okay? Was that concert a bit too loud for you?" He asked. Avery just nodded. He remembered how late it was, and a wave of exhaustion overcame him. He slumped forward, prompting this boy to catch him again.

Avery immediately noticed something huge. The way this boy had leaned over to catch him, it lined up their soulmate necklace halves.

It lined them up perfectly. Avery's half had been a heart with two large ridges, and one small ridge below. So he always wore a broken heart necklace. They were soulmates. Avery actually had a soulmate... All this time he thought he'd be alone forever, as rarely anyone makes it to 18 years old without meeting their soulmate. The boy caught on pretty quick after following Avery's gaze. He gasped quietly, resetting Avery up, and smiling.

"I haven't properly introduced myself. I'm Dillon. And you are...?" He prompted. Avery sighed.

"Tired." He moaned. Dillon stifled a giggle.

"Nice to meet cha, Tired. Interesting name!" He smirked. Avery rolled his eyes, but couldn't hide the smile of his own.

"Avery. That's my name." He properly introduced. Dillon pulled out his phone, and took a photo of the two of them.

"Do you mind if I post this? Just wanted to share our first meeting." He asked. Avery nodded.

"Go ahead." He agreed. Dillon winked, and posted the image on his social media. He then noticed Avery 's eyes fluttering.

"Hey, you don't have a ride home, do you?" He asked.

"Nuh-uh...Phone died, so I can't call my mom to pick me up..." he mumbled, growing more tired.

"Maybe I could drive you home?" He offered.

"Ssssure." Avery was borderline slurring his S's. It seemed like meeting his forever soulmate wore him out.

Dillon helped Avery into the passenger seat. And after getting Avery's address, after several repeats until Avery mumbled something understandable, he started the car and drove away.

~~~~~

Pulling in to Avery's driveway, he looked to the boy sitting in the passenger side.

"You gonna make it to the front door?" He playfully teased. Avery nodded.

"Y-Yeah...I'll be good..." he reassured, about to open his door. But Dillon stopped him.

"Wait!" He reached over into the glove compartment and pulled out a marker, "so you don't forget me." He explained, writing his phone number on his arm, and the word "soulmate" underneath.

"See you soon..." Dillon sighed, as Avery disembarked the vehicle. He looked down at his arm, then his necklace. He didn't think he'd forget. Maybe that concert wasn't such a bad idea after all.

Gay bois

All the gay

Gay + dad jokes = fuck me now lmao jkjk

Peace out my dudes!✌🏻🍪