Day 24: Angel AU

I should probably put a warning here that there is description of a suicide in a few places, I've never written anything surrounding sensitive stuff like that so I don't know how to handle warnings like this too well...enough awkwardness it's au time

"So...this is what it's like to be dead?"

Avery looked around, at the strange place he was standing in. Clouds, doves, everything was white...

And then it all fizzled away. A figure with angel wings appeared out of a door, chuckling to himself. Avery realized he was in a house?

"No, that isn't the real thing, like people think. The afterlife is much more...modern. Basically like being alive but, not having to do things as if you...were alive." The angel explained. Upon closer examination, the angel saw just one young Avery was.

"Oh, my... you're a kid..." he breathed. Avery just waved shyly at that comment.

"How did you die? What...What-?"

"I-It was a car accident. I was too close to the curb, and...tripped into the road. On accident." Avery stuttered. The angel sighed.

"You okay, kiddo? You sound uneasy." He observed, "...is the whole "being dead" thing freaking you out?" He asked. Avery shook his head.

"Good, I guess." He replied.

"So what now?" Avery asked curiously.

"Well usually I put my hand to your forehead, and I can see the last 5 minutes of your life leading up to...well, this. Basically it tells us how you died, and whether you stay here, or go down." He explained. Avery's eyes widened.

"Oh! Y-You don't have to do the hand thing. I told you how I died!" He felt one hand grasp his arm to hold him in place, as the other came closer to his face. "Trust me, you don't want to see a teen getting owned by a car!" He pleaded. He squeezed his eyes shut as the angel's palm made contact.

He was reliving it, too. And here he thought the pain would finally be over. The scream, the rock thrown into the mirror. The glass shard. The blood. Tears started to drip down Avery's face as he heard his own body slump to the floor of his bedroom. The angel was crying too as he pulled his hand away.

"You...You...W-Why?" He asked. Avery hunched over in tears, his wall breaking down.

"E-Everything was too much!! I just wanted...peace. I didn't want a-an afterlife. I just wanted to do it and be gone." He sobbed.

"I...kiddo...what's your name? Mine is Winston." He asked, introducing himself softly while putting an understanding arm around his shoulder.

"A-Avery..." he answered.

"Well, Avery...There IS a place for no afterlife that I can send you if you truly want. But you won't even know, and you'll just be...gone forever. Your spirit flaking away in the wind." Winston informed, "but, are you willing to give me thirty days to change your mind and you can stay here with me, and become and angel?" He offered. Avery was silent.

"Uh...sure. Yeah, okay...I guess." He reluctantly agreed, taking a seat on Winston's couch. Winston smiled.

"Great! I'll go make you up a bedroom." He declared happily, going upstairs. Avery didn't move from the couch. Instead, he put his head down in his hands.

Why did there have to be an afterlife? This isn't what he wanted. He wanted one second of pain, and then nothing. And now he'd signed off on another month of more possible pain. Sure, it was an afterlife, but you never know.

It's basically being alive but without anyone you know being here. He thought to himself. I guess he'd just have to wait and see what would happen.

We had a repeat of Day 10's issue

So first there was this creepy tree face that finally left me alone then I started talkin to friends and then I started falling asleep

Peace out my dudes!✌🏻🍪