Day 15: Reincarnation AU

Another working title for this one could be A Dog's Purpose AU lmao

"I still don't see how this dog is going to do me any good, Clem." Avery sighed to his sister. She looked over to him as she pet the small golden retriever puppy on her lap.

"I know it's been hard to you after what happened to Winston. And I think you just need a cuddly companion to help you get through these hard times." Clementine replied.

Avery blinked slowly, but didn't say anything more. He just watched the road as he drove home.

~~~~~

"Alright, I'll leave you and your new pal to get to know each other. Have fun, Avery." She waved, walking out the door. Avery watched the puppy sniff around. It made its way over to a framed photo of him and Winston. He flinched suddenly when he barked at the picture, then turned to look at Avery.

"What are you doing?" He asked tiredly. The dog pawed at the photo, again turned to Avery, and whined. Avery sat forwards.

"Why would you be so interested in that photo...?" He asked himself. He sighed as a strange idea came to mind.

"Ok, dog...bark four times if you know who the guy in that picture is." He stated. The dog sat there for a moment, then... four barks filled the room, then silence once more.

"No way... Coincidence. Has to be..." He gasped.

"Ok...big one coming, puppy..." he took a deep breath, "bark three times, then roll on your back, if you are the guy in the picture..." he felt so dumb doing this, but the thought was there and he had to try. Three barks sounded, and the the puppy rolled onto its back as instructed.

"W-Winston?" Avery asked. A happy sounding bark came from the dog. Avery fell the floor and scooped 'Winston' in his arms. 'Winston' licked his face, nuzzling his soft, fuzzy head into Avery's cheek.

"I missed you, dude..." He whispered. The room was quiet.

"Okay one more time to prove I'm not on drugs. Lick my pinkie finger if you are my best friend Winston reincarnated as a puppy." He almost giggles as 'Winston''s tongue lapped at his pinkie finger.

"Well, it is you for sure. Boy, we've got some catching up to do." He smiled to the puppy. Who seemed to be smiling back.

A dog's purpose but if Bailey had been human is what this is tbh

Was I high when thinking of this concept? Idk ask CinnamonLeaf21 for her opinion

Peace out my dudes!✌🏻🍪