Day 31: Writer's Choice AU

And so we've made it here, friends...the final AU of the book, the one I've been waiting to write for a while now

I give you...

The Walking Dead AU (actually it's just a regular zombie apocalypse AU but they just use the terms that TWD characters use for the undead)

Enjoy!

"Jesus, how many of these things are there?!" Avery exclaimed over the moans of the walkers. One reached out for him, but was quickly ended with a knife to the brain.

"I don't know, but we have to kill them all! Keep fighting them!" Alden encouraged his brother. He whacked another walker across its head with his baseball bat. It seemed like the small herd was thinning out.

"Hey! I think we're beating them!" Avery shouted triumphantly. He stuck his knife through another walker, removing it, and immediately entering the skull of a second one. Both fell to the ground lifeless. However, Avery failed to hear a third coming up from behind, and was tackled to the ground.

"Alden! Help!!" He cried out, he reached for h is knife, but it had been knocked out of his reach. Alden had his glock out now, putting quicker endings to the walkers' existences.

He knew noise would draw more, but his brother was more important than survival strategies right now. He pointed the gun, but hesitated.

"What f I hit you?!" He called out. Avery let out a strangled cry.

"You can do it! I believe in you. It's possible to survive a gunshot, but I can't survive a bite!" He reminded urgently. "Hurry!!!" He screamed. The walker pushed back, snapping his teeth closer and closer to skin. Avery growled as he held it back with all of his strength.

A single shot went off, and Avery felt the walker go limp, as its blood leaked out of the fatal hole in its head. He stood up and brushed himself off. Alden lowered the gun and sighed with relief.

"Woah...thanks, Al. You saved my life." Avery breathed. Alden smiled, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't mention it. Now come on, let's keep following these train tracks, and get to..." Alden trailed off, eyes widening in horror.

"Look out!" He suddenly cried, shoving Avery to the ground. When he turned to see what was happening, it turns out there had been another walker behind him that he hadn't heard. Alden had charged at it, he managed to stab it in the shoulder, but it was obviously not a killing blow.

Avery had to bite back a scream of agony as he watched the walker tear into his brother's neck. The scream Alden released was unholy. He fell to the ground as the walker took another chimp out of his arm this time.

"Avery! The gun!!!" Alden mustered enough energy to shout. Avery crawled across the ground, grabbing the discarded glock, and nearly instantly putting a bullet in the walker's head. He knelt down next to Alden, who's breaths were getting raspier, and Avery knew he was losing too much blood from his bites.

"Alden...I'm-I'm so sorry. I should've watched. I w-wasn't careful...goddammit this is my fault!" Avery shouted with rage to himself.

"N-No...No it's not..." Alden muttered. He grasped Avery's hand.

"K-Keep going, baby brother. M-Ma-Make it to that community...you'll be *nnghh* ahh, you'll be safe." He encouraged. Avery's eyes were flooded with tears.

"Avery...you need to...shoot me." Alden rasped out, his voice getting quieter. Avery shook his head.

"N-No! I...I can't do that." He denied. Alden squeezed his eyes shut as his consciousness became weaker.

"You have to...I don't want to become one of those monsters...please, Aves. F-For me..." He pleaded. Avery stood, putting more ammo into the gun.

"...Okay. O-Okay, I will." He reluctantly agreed. He pointed the gun downwards, aligning it with his brother's forehead.

"Th-Thank...you..." Alden whispered out, before his head slumped back. Alden was dead. Avery shut his eyes. His finger pulled back on the trigger, and the gun fired.

Avery moved Alden's body into a thicket of bushes. He sighed sadly, his eyes still fresh of tears.

"I'm sorry I couldn't bury you...I guess being here will have to do." He declared sadly. He stepped back out onto the railroad tracks.

"I'm gonna make it to the safe haven, Al. I will." He stated confidently.

"Terminus, here I come."

Oh hey this really is a Walking Dead AU whoopsie daisy

For anyone who knows the Season 4 finale/Season 5 premiere knows that this ending does not mean good things

#Cannibalism

Well, this journey has been fun. But it has come to an end. Just like my summer... ;-; school starts in 3 days for me, but I'm not too worried. But I hope you all are having a good rest of summer or beginning of a school year!

Peace out my dudes!✌🏻👏