Day 16: New Neighbor AU

Avery sniffled as he carried his grocery bags home from the store just up the road. He knew he shouldn't be going out while sick like this, but he was running low on food in the house, and no one was available to go shopping for him.

He shifted both bags to one hand so he could reach into his pocket to pull out his keys. He was so concentrated on that, that he didn't see the man coming down his front walkway, about to step onto the main sidewalk.

The two collided with each other. Avery's bags crashed to the ground.

"Aww, man! Not my ice cream!" Avery exclaimed with a stuffed up nose. He looked to the person he'd ran into. "Hey, I'm so sorry I ra-." He stopped when he saw how absolutely handsome this guy was.

"It totally alright! I should've been watching where i was going, too. Let me help." He offered, kneeling down and picking up a carton of eggs. "I don't think these made it..." He sighed.

Avery was confused. "Who...Who are you? I've never seen you around here." He asked.

"Oh, I'm Dillon. I moved in last week!" He explained. Avery nodded in understanding. He'd been on vacation last week.

"Here, come with me!" He offers him. Avery pulled back. "W-Wait!" He stuttered. He didn't want to go in the cute guy's house!

"What's wrong?" Dillon asked, stopping.

"Oh...nothing." Avery sighed, allowing himself to be taken up to the front door. Dillon unlocked it and brought him in. He led him to the couch, then once Avery sat, he took his bags and set them on the kitchen counter.

"Do you want anything? Soup for your cold, maybe? Something to drink?" He offered. Avery sniffled.

"Soup sounds nice...I-If it's not too much trouble!" He added. Dillon just laughed.

"It's no trouble at all." He smiled.

Gotta go vroom

Peace out my dudes!✌🏻🍪